Going to FFE

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Smoken0221, Dec 5, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You wont hear a peep from FFE about wind conflicts and traction issues in winter weather. If you have to stop and stay somewhere safe for a day or so until the situation resolved itself then so be it. OTOH, it took alot to get us stopped. Such as the freedom to pick a different route and use it.

Home time is costly. In 2001 we were more than 125 miles from home for a total of 306 days out of 365. Seemed like we got it all in at once that year.

Smoken0221 and Jenn72 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OG AppleSauce

OG AppleSauce Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2020

Hello, sorry. I know this thread is old.
    But ill be upgrading this monday and hopefully added to plasma.
    Has anything been added to or changed to the job assignment. Just asking so i can be prepared for it.
    Ive worked for UPS in the past so work isnt a problem haha

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    There are no changes really. The only thing is that there are fewer cases we have to load. The donations have gone down some due to covid, but the pickups still have to happen. And you are paid by the pick up, not by the case count, so fewer boxes will not effect your pay at all.

We help out LTL on the weekends. So when you drop, typically on a Friday, you'll drive to a terminal after that and pick up some food, and drive it to another part of the country. Then you'll wash out your trailer and set it up for your weekday plasma work. And that's it really. It's pretty straightforward work.

Congratulations on upgrading. Since you don't mind doing a bit of labor, you made the right call trying for plasma. You'll earn a lot more than you will just doing solo LTL.

Jenn72 and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  5. OG AppleSauce

OG AppleSauce Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2020
    Thank you,
    And im grateful for the tip.
    Courtney has me on call for the following week.

I hope whoever i team with has patience with new drivers.
    Im willing to accommodate and soak everything they are willing to teach me.

Jenn72 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.