going to lonestar transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by logisticlymissplaced, Mar 24, 2010.

1. logisticlymissplaced

logisticlymissplaced Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    new lenox il
    well i got approved to drive for lonestar out of dallas tx gitting on the bus saturday evening"really thrilled about that not!" will keep an update on how's it going. wish me luck:biggrin_25523: p.s. i had apost on going to blackhawk in beloit but changed my mind i didn't like their saftey raiting.

MoneyCat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JewelsnTools

JewelsnTools Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Triad, NC
    Does LoneStar have plain "company drivers", or do you have to be an O/O?
    Jewels

4. logisticlymissplaced

Feb 25, 2009
    new lenox il
    they have company driver's don't kno if they have lease purchase or not. they do hire o/o's

5. skeeter2

skeeter2 Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Huntingdon TN.
    how long is the waiting list to get in a truck, I know for awhile they were, backed up 2 to 3 weeks maybe even 4. I thought about going with them, then decided to go with a small company out of Grand Meadows MN, Valley Transportation Services. good luck in Tx.

6. logisticlymissplaced

Feb 25, 2009
    new lenox il
    when we are out of orientation on thursday we will get in a truck

7. JewelsnTools

JewelsnTools Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Triad, NC
    Thanks, LM!
    I'm lookin' that-a way!
    Jewels

8. skeeter2

Jan 31, 2009
    Huntingdon TN.
    Good deal, good luck to ya, I hear they are good to work for. let us know how it goes :)

9. logisticlymissplaced

Feb 25, 2009
    new lenox il
    here's what I kno about lonestar i hope i have done enough research on them i have talked to about 60 of their drivers some on the road and some on facebook none of the drivers that i have talked to have been there less than 5 years"good thing" none of them had anything negative to say about the company hard to belive not one of the 60 of their drivers! the equipment that they have is under waranty that means it's only a couple years old"good thing"the bad thing is ilive in ill and the time will be out for about 3 weeks at a time rather be out for 2 weeks but i can deal with that."I GUESS" well that's about all i can share for now will update on monday or sunday nite at the hotel

Saddle Tramp Thanks this.
  10. skeeter2

Jan 31, 2009
    Huntingdon TN.
    Haven't heard much bad about them myself, looked at them for awhile, but decided they weren't a good fit for me, keep us updated. They run the I-40 corridor qiute often.

11. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    if it's the company I think it is, they do a lot of heavy haul stuff, they haul a lof the wind turbine parts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.