Going to Orientation!!!

Discussion in 'TMC' started by NJ01vette, May 24, 2008.

1. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Go into your user options and make sure that you have the PM feature enabled. If that doesn't work you should be able to send me a PM and I'll have some one look into it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    There is no option for PM, anywhere. Under my screen name there are no stars. I am being shorted and I want my money back!:biggrin_25523:

4. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    I'll see what I can turn up for you Terry.

5. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Terry its because your profile was set to recruiter. Thats off for now.

We don't mind folks telling others that they feel their company is a good choice but to actively send people your way and tell them truck # so and so sent them isn't the purpose for TR. If that happens in private emails there is nothing we can do about that. But please don't use TR forums or the PM feature for it.

Thanks, enjoy your stars. :D :D

6. Rob332

Rob332 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Thanks, do you work for the company?

7. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    I have been with TMC for a year and a half. I am currently working on TMC's Norwood MA Home Depot dedicated division.

8. NJ01vette

NJ01vette Bobtail Member

May 23, 2008
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    As promised, when I finished orientation, I said I would give more details to those who were wondering about TMC's orientation.
    Let me 1st start by saying, I was preparing for it as if it was going to be like military boot camp. This could not be any further from what it was.

Basically, the 1st day is all paper work and medical exams, we lost 5 people right from the start...couple of them had hernias, one failed his drug screen, others for various other medical conditions...
    The rest of the week was a series of tests... math, general knowledge and DOT test..simple so far..followed by about a dozen videos to watch and time in the driving simultor.

The 2nd week is when it gets fun..Load securement on Fri, Sat, Sun. We lost 2 more durring this phase, they could not handle lifting a 110 lb tarp. On Monday is when you start driving...this is where I feel you are being judged the most, you go out 4 different days, with 4 different instuctors. When you are not driving on the road, you are in the yard practicing on backing techniuqes (sp).
    Thats about it..TMC is looking for people with positive attitudes and a can do mentality. They are strict in certain ways but for good reason, if you cant be trusted in orientation, how are they supposed to trust you when you are on your own.
    Sorry this was so long, just wanted to give a snapshot of my experience at orientation.
    I could not be happier that I chose TMC.

9. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    See, this has come up before, once again I will state, I have never asked anyone to say I refered them, on, this, or any other forum. I have had one bonus paid and I definitely didn't ask him to do it.

For many months now TMC has not been paying referal bonus for new drivers. I help whomever I can, not for money. I, primarily, post on the TMC threads. I only have 1.5 years experience so I limit myself to what I know.

Posting one's truck number has a greater reason than soliciting referal bonus. That would be to meet your fellow drivers participating in this forum.

Thank you for fixing my problem. Now I can go work on the many others I have!:biggrin_25525:

10. Rob332

Rob332 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Will anyone be in the June 14 class? I am scheduled for DeMoine IA class on this date.

Rob in Kentucky

11. phcat

phcat Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2008
    port huron mi
    i live near detroit and wondered if anyone works for tmc out of this area,
    i heard the run hard in the northeast which sounds quite unpleasent, but there % pay sounds good if you get boned on a short run.
    can someone please talk more specifically about the pay and the %, how do you get it up?(hehe)
    im going to start school here in mi july 7, should i call tmc now, i talked to maverick but they are only hiring specialized for mi, which i heard sucks at .41 cents start out it sounds great but i heard you have to reconstruct the trailer how hard is that???
    o yeah and i heard flatbed kinda sucks cuz the places you haul for could be some construction site on a 1 way street, or a huge mud hole, i maverick hauls a lot for a glass factory in genva ny, and hauls alot of it to ontario, which sounds kinda nice because i live near the blue water bride north of detroit

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.