Going to Werner.

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Rollin_18, Dec 8, 2013.

1. AztecHybrid_810

AztecHybrid_810 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Flint, Michigan
    Yes I think I might suck it up and find out for myself how it is with this company. Thank you for the insight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brandon.vose

brandon.vose Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2013
    My bet is it would be the Masterbrand Account. Anyone got any info on that account?

4. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Sorry for th confusion... it was not with werner or a wrner trainr that I got out at th truck stop.. Whn I first stated I read a lot of bad stuff about the big training companis so I avoidd thm and got on with a small family ownd company.. it did not go well and that is where I got off the truck at a truck stop and called Werner and talked to th recruiter while I waited for my brother to pick me up..

I am still in training with werner and I am still very pleased with my decision to come to Werner.. My trainier is on a dedicated account and is home eery weekend, although we stayed out last weekend to make up for some bad weather delays.. When she gos home the company pays for me to b in a hotel.. I am at a Super 8, it has a lot of stuff near by and a swimming, the staff is nice and the room is clean so no compalints... I have just less than 100 training hours left and then I will go back to Omaha and gt tested and assigned my truck, then I gt to take the truck home for a couple of days of hometime and get moved in.. Driver placement calld m last week and I am already on one of thee dedicatd accounts I was hoping for.. so, I will start on that right away..

Now, it does not always go this way.. sometimes you have to wait for a trainer, I was lucky and got one right after orientation.. actually, she had to wait a fw hours for me to finish orientation...and getting on the account I wanted just before finishing my training is also fortunate.. sometimes you hav to wait for that too...

But, I can honestly say, that I am very pleased with Werner, thy have kept us busy and I am able to gt in plnty of drive time, plenty of backing up too... With werner as a student you ar on curfew you first few weeks, so I am not allowed to drive between midnight and 6am.. also, my trainr has to be in the front with me to complete her observations, so we are not running like a team yet, but will shortly.

a typlical day is up early, do what I need to be ready to roll and be at th truck at 7am, do a pre-trip and fuel if we need it, then we roll, we make a restroom break and then gt to our first stop, check in with the guard, find th spot I nd to drop the trailer and back it in and drop it, then go find the trailer we are picking up and hook up to it, check out with th guard and roll to the next place.. sometimes we swap trailrs with another driver.. we hav only live loaded or unloaded a couple of times, it is mostly drop and hook on her account and on a good day I get to back in 3 or 4 times a day.. so I am getting a lot of backing practice.. which is good.. The day is done when I am out of driving hours or midnight whichever comes first... w gt to a truck stop, shower and go to bed... and do it all over again
    tomorrow...

There is a lot to learn, and you really do want to get plenty of backing up.. because it will make things
    better if you are comfortable and good and backing.. sometime the only spot left at a truck stop at th end of your day will be th hardest spot you encounter.. probably why it is open as everyone grabbed th easy ones already... So when you go out with your trainer, make sure you back up very chance you get.. you will learn something everytime you back the truck up.. evn if you pull out, and back into the same hole just for practice.. and, the quicker you can put your trailer in th hole, drop it and go hook to your next will help put more money on your check...

5. Rollin_18

Rollin_18 Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Check them out, Werner is not bad at all. I'm glad I came, I love it and could see myself here for a while.

AztecHybrid_810 Thanks this.
  6. fireball5000

fireball5000 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Glad everything is working out for you . what is the pay like while training?

7. HappyHardCore

HappyHardCore Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Is Werner good or bad because of company police or because of their trainers?

Werner based on company police can be a GREAT company to get started with, and after getting 1 year experience, consider your options to either become a trainer, or move on to another company for higher pay and respect. Your only useful to the company as a student, first year driver, trainer, or dedicated account driver.

Is it good based on trainers? You'll get good and bad trainers in every company. You might have good luck and get a trainer with experience and/or patience, or you'll get unlucky to get a guy that is an idiot and bad attitude. If you get a bad one, you can request another trainer, although I would wait until your at a company terminal before telling your trainer so that you avoid any problems like getting dumped at a truck stop. There will be plenty of opportunities going through terminals so if you have to switch, just wait it out until your at a terminal.

Other trainer companies might offer more or less pay, and their trainers might be required to have more or less experience, but you can honestly have a great or terrible experience at any company.

Another deciding factor might be how far away a company terminal is from your home. If you live within 1-4 hours from a terminal then this would be a no brainer, as any friend or family member could take you there and you can avoid the dreaded bus rides.

Rollin_18 Thanks this.
  8. Rollin_18

Rollin_18 Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    The pay comes out to be like 346 after tax and it's every week.

9. brandon.vose

brandon.vose Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm going to Werner tomorrow and was curious if anyone has info on the Masterbrand account (pay, miles, hometime, driving day or night, average weight per load and how many loads per week). I live right next to the Springfield, OH terminal if that helps at all. Thanks in advance.

10. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    Hopefully I will be starting at werner soon. Runnin for krogers out of louisville ky. Any insight on this company will be appreciated. Find me here or on Facebook. Google Facebook true trucking. Thx.

11. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Y'all must be paying $1,000 child support every week

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.