Going with Roehl

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Pedy6Pak, May 16, 2007.

1. LKat

LKat Light Load Member

May 5, 2007
    The $300 is paid in lump sum after 60K miles or can be paid via credit to Comdata card at $15 per day while in training. You still have to satisfy the 60K miles (no unauthorized time-off while building the 60K) or you have to refund the $15 per day.

Mileage is reimbursed to orientation - save your receipts. Roehl may rent a car for you for travel to orientation; I don't know how Roehl works reimbursement for their school attendees.

Pedy - glad things are going well for you! I finished orientation (yee haw!); waiting to meet up with my driver-trainer for Evo I. Have you heard from Whispers?? She was doing so well in school but I haven't seen her post in a while.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    You will slip seat on the 7/3-4 and 7/7 programs.

4. Redwolf

Redwolf Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2007
    IL
    I was told they have more freight than drivers right now.
    I haven't stopped running since I got my truck. I did just shy of 10,000 miles in a month with 6 days off and a 34 hour reset thrown in. You will be running.

5. Riversideblues

Riversideblues Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2007
    West Tennessee
    Real good to hear......appreciate your insight and looking forward to getting to work soon. Thanks.

6. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    That is good to hear. I am thinking of going to Roehl after Labor Day. I can't stand the thought of going to another trucking company and sitting around begging for freight.

I was with Falcon. I liked the company and my driver manager. I just got tired of sitting around waiting for freight. Not moving just gives you too many opportunities to pi#$ away the little money you are making.

How is Roehl on their log auditing. Do they spot check your log locations through the GPS. Or do they just do the usual tolls, fuel stops, and shipper/receiver time audits?

7. Redwolf

Jan 22, 2007
    IL
    My understanding is they have a company that does log auditing for them, or at least that was what was explained to me.
    I think the safety dept spot checks logs when you scan them in, and the other company runs them through their scanner and checks them.
    I might be wrong.........it's happened before.......

8. Keith48

Keith48 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2007
    I don't know where you heard that from, but I have been sitting here in Wildwood, FL since 8 this AM, and that is the longest I have ever sat in one place. My miles have gone steady downhill over the last three weeks; even after my long talk with my DSR a few weeks ago. So, when I go home Friday, I will start looking for a new job - possibly even out of trucking totally. I will continue to look on my off-days. My check the last two weeks have been a total joke. My truck has been in to maintenance three times now and they say nothing is wrong with it, and now they want to bring to Marshfield to look at it one more time. I really feel that I will be leaving a long negative post about Roehl and all the problems I have had with them before much longer. And what is so bad is that I have done three favors to help my DSR in the last month and she always comments that I am her go-to guy, yet my miles have been declining. I'm just ready to throw in the towel and am very discouraged about Roehl and trucking right now.

9. Riversideblues

Riversideblues Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2007
    West Tennessee
    Well, that's not good to hear! Seems like every time I read some good news about a particular company, bad news is soon to follow. Though fairly new to the Forum, I've kind of come to expect the info flow to be that way or vice versa. Just the same, the positives seem to have far outweighed the negatives when it comes to Roehl. So, I still plan to go to Marshfield at this point. I have learned a couple of things here since joining. First, there is no perfect company. Second, there are far more companies where the negatives far outweigh the positives - or, are pretty much even between the two. From all I've been able to ready and find out, Roehl has about the fewest negatives. Neither a company nor a driver's experience will be without some faults and problems I guess....that's life.

10. Redwolf

Jan 22, 2007
    IL
    Keith, I am sorry to hear that. I know FL is a crappy place to get loads back out of.
    Have you checked into getting a new DSR? They know not all drivers and DSR's get along so they are pretty decent about switching.
    I have found that the biggest problem isn't with the DSR, it is with planning. The DSR doesn't plan the loads, all they do is pass along the routing and info from the planners and deal with what ever problems we have on the road. I have had a couple of problems with planning myself.
    I have had one problem with my truck that took two different tries to get it lined out, but I basically had a talk with the mechanic that worked on it and we solved the problem together.

Actually, a 12 hour sit does suck, but I have talked to other companies drivers (KLLM, Swift, etc) that have sat a couple of days waiting for loads. I think we get a bit spoiled at Roehl because we usually have another load on the QC as soon as we do the empty call, so sitting for 12 hours seems like forever.
    I feel for ya bro...I hate sitting around myself. If I am going to sit, I want to do it at the house, not some truckstop far away from home.

11. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    I hope your luck improves Keith. Isnt detention time paid after 2 hours? Are you getting detention pay? Id hope so. How much is detention pay hourly? Good luck!

ps..Are you at the T/A in Wildwood? I just went through there a few weeks ago. Nice!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.