Going with Roehl

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Pedy6Pak, May 16, 2007.

1. midwestroller

midwestroller Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Anyone got any insight on the midwest regional fleet? I will be dispatched out of Gary and im wondering how do the miles and average home time look.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    I am not aware of a terminal in Dallas,however there is a drop yard in Garland.

4. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I wish they had a terminal out west...I live in southern WY and I see a Roehl truck once a week or so out here. They do have some occasional runs zip out to the west I believe...but not enough it seems to open a terminal.

5. Road Dog

Aug 1, 2006
    There is a terminal in CA.I believe its in Fontana.However most freight going to the west coast is going to be taken by teams. Best thing to do is talk to your recruiter about where you will be running. I do know that the bulk of their freight is east of I-35.

6. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Didnt know they had a terminal in CA. Well I figured since Ill be living right on the Interstate going through WY...Id be in a good spot to work for them....wouldn't mind a dedicated route going from CA to MI or something, and stopping in WY at home.

7. Road Dog

Aug 1, 2006
    A dedicated route from CA.to MI.sounds like a dream job. I think you will find that that type of dedicated route would be reserved for the older experienced drivers who have a lot of yrs, driving for Roehl.However,talk to your recruiter and see whats available.

8. milestogo

milestogo Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Downeast
    There you have it folks, an unvarnished look at the Company. Good luck on becoming a Roehlian. Dump the Rose Colored Glasses and go to work with a clear understanding of the realities. It will save you a lot of aggravation.

Very well versed and spot on synopsis. I found the Dental plan to be an exceptionally poor choice for self/wife. As for Health coverage, I believe that Lee Scott, CEO of Wal-Mart said it best. "Americans are very poor consumers of healthcare."

I would however point out that as training companies go, collectively Roehl's training, pay and benefits are as good as you'll find. I know that may not say much. But the learning curve is longer than most realize, and the majority of new drivers really don't transition from liability to asset within the 1st six months of driving.

Overall, I've found that the vast majority of non-driving support personnel at Roehl are helpful and pleasant, the equipment is good, and the safety rating is exceptional, especially so for a training company. You obviously took a very close look at what's available for newbies and settled on Roehl for a reason.

ps.
    I don't recall you or any that followed up mentioning hometime fleets (7/4,7/3 and 7/7) offer no paid holidays or vacation time.

9. macmarlin

macmarlin Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Hammond, LA
    Well, trucking school is over, and I have my shiny new CDL. Just spoke to my recruiter, Cheryl, and I'll be flying in to Atlanta for orientation at Ellenwood starting Aug 29. After backing all over a dusty yard in 100 degree heat, and running down goat trails in beat up old equipment, I'm ready for the real thing!

10. Road Dog

Aug 1, 2006
    Macmarlin,Although I went to orientation in Gary,IN,and was dispatched out of Marshfield,WI. I was in and out of the Ellenwood terminal several times. It is a small terminal,and everyone working there seemed to be very friendly and helpful. Good luck.

11. macmarlin

macmarlin Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Hammond, LA
    Thanks Road Dog, I'm looking forward to it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.