Going with Roehl

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Pedy6Pak, May 16, 2007.

1. Looking forward to it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    The brakes may have been applied to me going to school. Roehl doesn't do the tuition reimbursement thing where they pay for school and you pay them back with a signed contract of employment to them for a year. I was sent a credit application :biggrin_2557: not a good thing when your credit is shot. Other option is getting a co-signer. (Why not just ask me to suck wind). Well it was looking good for a while. I thought gee maybe my luck is changing. Nope!

4. I would go ahead and apply. All they can do is say no, but you never know, they may say ok. worth a try.

5. LKat

LKat Light Load Member

May 5, 2007
    Whispers,

I don't know what state you are in, but I would definitely call your Dept. of Labor office and also check out the grants/scholarships. The state gave me a grant - I couldn't believe it - at my age, finally I get a break. If not for that, I would not be able to go to school unless I signed a contract. Please keep looking and keep your chin up. Good Luck :)

6. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Hey Whispers, that's true. If my memory serves me correctly I believe a buddy of mine went to a driving school and got a grant. Definately check into that.

7. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    I did and it got shot down with more holes in it that swiss cheese. Hoping my sister or cousin will co sign. Waiting for them to answer my email.

8. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    I live in Missouri and the school is in Wisconsin. How did you go about getting a state grant and could I get one for an out of state school. Does it depend on total household income?

9. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Oh snap Whispers. I never realized it, but you're right down the road from me. I'm in Columbia. My ol man's friend that has a small truck co. might have a little more insight. I think he still runs some, so I don't know how quick a response I could get, but it's worth asking. My ol man says he's due to call him tonight.

10. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    That would be great! This has taken some wind out of my sails. I am going to call the unemployment office to see if there is some kind of money I can get. If I have to claim income from my husband I may not qualify.

11. goforce

goforce Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2007
    South, Ga
    In some states the Dept of Labor will pay for your schooling and they will also pay you unemployment. They would rather have you working. Good Luck and let us know how you come out.

Alan:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.