Going with Roehl

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Pedy6Pak, May 16, 2007.

1. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Where's my manners:biggrin_25510: Hi neighbor!:yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Well, see I have a job now. Not that's it's great. I was hoping to get my cdl and team with my husband. Do you think I would qualify for them to pay for my schooling? Remember I am voluntarily leaving my job for schooling and to work for Roehl....Well that was my dream anyway.

4. LKat

LKat Light Load Member

May 5, 2007
    Whispers, did you ask Roehl for suggestions on finding tuition $$? Your husband is a proven employee - teams keep the truck running - seems like it would be to Roehl's advantage to have you both as employees...surely the recruiters there would have some ideas?? DON'T GIVE UP.

5. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Hi there! That's a good idea. I'm not sure how this would help your cause, but all you need if I am correct, to get a CDL permit is to pass the written. Then if your husband is allowed ride alongs, you are allow to drive a rig as long as you are with a CDL holder. That could also give you a comfortable situation for on the road training, since you want to team with your husband. As an established Roel employee, he might could get your foot in the door that way as well. I forget how much the permit is here in MO, but I know it's not that much.

6. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Hello
    I cant seem to find the website for Roehl

7. Hev E D

Hev E D Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Ellsworth AFB, SD
    Well, my recruiter just e-mailed me and wanted to make sure that everything was still a go for July 23. He wanted to make sure I was still going because it was time to start finalizing the paper work and all the checks that they have to do. Hopefully I will get my pre-hire letter soon. I should get it because there is nothing in my record...at least there shouldn't be:biggrin_25523:... I will keep you all posted!!

8. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Well, I just got off the phone with a local agency that gives grant money out for job placements and training. Seems I don't qualify. What else is new. This guy that I know who I have talked about in other posts....received money from this agency last year to go through cdl school and has spent more time at home since going through school then
    actually driving. He is now home with a "hurt" back.
    I'm beginning to think I will never come out on top.

9. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Don't think that way! You'll beat yourself before they will that way.

10. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO

Well, hubby just called and I told him what the status is and that I have emailed my sister about co-signing but still haven't heard anything. Asked him if he could talk to someone there about securing the tuition with his paycheck since he has been with them over a year and is a trainer with them. He said he would call to see if he could pull some stings. I told him to talk to everyone including Rick Roehl. Keeping my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath. Don't want to look like him>>>>>>>>>>>>:biggrin_25521:

11. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    How many think I got good news? Well, the recruiter emailed me and I am back to square one. They need a co-signer because my credit it poor. But if I drive 24,000.00 I don't have to pay back the tuition. Great! I plan on that plus more.....the fly in the ointment is I don't have the $2,400.00 to put out initially at this point.:biggrin_2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.