Going with Werner

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lazy Lightning, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Going good so far. I was done with orientation on Saturday, Sunday afternoon I was out with a trainer. I got a good trainer and I've been to LA, AR, OK and MO last week. I will most likely end up with those same areas since it's a dedicated run to Lowes. I got a lot of backing into docks and driving time in. I only need to put in 70 hours so I should be done next week. I will the wait on a truck. I was told that I could be running anywhere not just western states. I really don't care where I go, I just hope I get a truck that can handle it. I'm training in a 386 Pete with a 160,000 miles on it. Nice truck, but not very roomy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redclay

Redclay Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Dallas, Texas

are you talking about the same Dallas they keep in Texas? lol..werner Dallas needs to be closed down and restarted with new people.

i am in Pheonix now for afew days, doing southwest regional.
    what i have found is there are a lot of managers at Werner that do not like their job and they pass that down to you as ofton as they can.
    however.....their are some good people here also.
    i need some home time in the Dallas area, 42 days and counting....

4. kammerbrad

kammerbrad Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Yale, MI
    I'm setting in my Indianapolis hotel room waiting to start my orientation tomorrow (monday the 25th). Got a good roomate and it is a nice place. Does anyone know about the terminal here what I should expect I will give another update tomorrow after I get out.

5. Redclay

Redclay Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    wish i could help you there, been to south of you but not that one. just make sure you have done your CBT's. you will need them to test out. keep you log book or you get a lot of CBT's to test out. good luck.

6. kammerbrad

kammerbrad Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Yale, MI
    Thanks my first day went really good today and i'm feeling pretty positive so far and I hope things keep going good. Talked to quite a few guys at the motel and terminal and they all seem really happy with werner.

7. Redclay

Redclay Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Just an FYI, I was at Phoenix for four days. They sent one guy to Virginia by way of greyhound to get his truck. They gave the woman a very crappy truck that will be in the shop two weeks for repairs.
    I got the rent car, 2200 miles to Michigan for a recovery. The thing is they say I won't be able to keep this truck long. The manager in Phoenix said there are just no trucks out there right now.

8. tomkatrose

tomkatrose Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey Redclay, what's a CBT? And a DAC for that matter?

9. Redclay

Redclay Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Dallas, Texas

CBT is computer based training. like online school. they have backing videos, winter driving, how to operate an APU, THINGS LIKE THAT.

THE DAC is A RECORD OF EVERYTHING that has to do with your CDL.
    it is like your credit report for the CDL.
    you get a ticket for anything...it on there. wreak...bad inspection...
    this you need to keep clean. they say there is a place oyu can get a free copy of your report just like your credit report so you can see what is on it.

10. Jesse Jammer

Jesse Jammer Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Watertown,ny
    hey well I finsihed training a few months ago. dallas is not bad...but hookers and drug dealers just outside the fence.. the hotel is ok... ive come here from a different life style. Dallas has lots of new trucks.. but Ohmaha is the best place to get one. I had to drive a pc. of crap for a bit then got a brand new truck...it rolls at 67 loaded or empty...nice bic condo sleeper and all. there is lots to say negative, but to each man his own. The worse thing is the money...and it depends on how much is "good" to you..I haven't had a paycheck above $550 yet... most $300 or so, net. But you have the correct attitude stay positive and do the right thing....never leave or act angry to any one and move on if u dont like it. I will when I can. best to ya!

11. LITTLEMAN

LITTLEMAN Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2010
    clio michigan
    ya i am on my way to Werner today. i am at the bus station and i start Friday. ill let you guys know about my experience at the indy terminal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.