Going with Werner

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lazy Lightning, Oct 14, 2010.

1. kammerbrad

kammerbrad Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Yale, MI
    Hey littleman I had my orientation on monday in indy. It went well just be prepared to really be rushed on the first morning. The orientator has to have everyones papers sent to omaha that morning so she seems kinda short with people who don't listen. Just follow along and things will be fine. After paperwork is done she was alot of fun. Been with my trainer for two days now and have done alot of driving. Im his first student and he is really good. Hope things work out well for you. Drive safe!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LITTLEMAN

LITTLEMAN Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2010
    clio michigan

thanks for the heads up. i am done with my orientation now. i know what your saying it was crazy but now i am just setting here waiting on a trainer. so how long did you have to wait.

4. kammerbrad

kammerbrad Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Yale, MI
    My orientation was over on tuesday and my trainer was there noon Wednesday. I have heard if your orientation is on friday an saturday you usually don't get a trainer till monday. Most of the people I was with left tuesday night and Wednesday. Hope you have good luck with them I have so far. Drove about 1500 miles since wednesday.

5. AZGearJammer

AZGearJammer Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I am finished with training. First let me say that I am now a qualified driver for Werner. Now with that being said, let me suggest to anyone considering working for Werner to run like hell! The training is a joke, just a easy way for trainers to make more money. Both my trainers were total idiots and cared only about you driving for them because of how bad they hated their job. The recruiter, sdm, and dispatchers will tell you anything you want to hear or be promised to shut you up and get you to continue. Out of 4 people that I went to cdl school with and started Werner with, I am the only one left to stick it out this far. Werner does not care one little bit about its drivers people. There is no respect given to a driver that is brand new or has 27 years with the company. Werner is the stereotypical big company that everyone warns you about. Please take heed my warning. Stay far away from Werner.

6. Doc Daniels

Doc Daniels Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana

Bad inspection? so if the truck needs repairs its the drivers fault? I know you have to do a pre inspection but if a hose is slightly worn or belt getting bad. (besides unsafe) you have to get a new truck and miss miles?

Is it possible to be legal AND still make money..LOL

7. Cruz36

Cruz36 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2010
    VA.

Good Luck buddy. I know a couple people that started out with them and liked the company. I'm considering them or JB Hunt. Do me a favor and PM me and let me know how you like it.

8. iaretea222

iaretea222 Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I worked for Werner for about 1.5 years and it got better as time went along...training was hell, and as time goes on as a solo the dispatcher gave me better loads.....you could do worse than Werner

9. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I used to drive for Werner and training wasn't great but it wasn't bad. I had a good dispatcher who would sign me up on dedicated accounts if they needed extra help so I got to do Walmart twice and Dollar General once. Buddy, if they ask you to help on Dollar General make sure it's not during the summer or if it is that you're in okay shape and drink plenty of water as you'll be offloading those trailers at each store yourself.

Thanks to Werner I was able to see a lot of the country and most major big cities except for the pacific northwest. Make sure you do your corrections on your electronic log to stay as productive as possible (time is money!). Don't turn down short runs as most likely your dispatcher has another longer run in store for you.

10. lowney4

lowney4 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Waverly,Ne
    Just got back from training.Werner lied about everything.i quit on the spot.

11. lowney4

lowney4 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Waverly,Ne
    Just finished 6 weeks training.returned home to find out werner lied about everything.I quit on the spot.Remember werner is for werner not you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.