Good Grief!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ducnut, Dec 9, 2022.

1. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Looks like a relic from the early 90's Werner days. It's definitely seen better days. On the other hand this truck was a vision to someone and it looks just as bad. 4139822730ba142244c6f04507f01549.jpg

ducnut Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NYStarcar

NYStarcar Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2020
    In a van down by the river
    That guy seems to like the negative attention, I see him in the NYC area all the time.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Looks like a jersey plate hanging off there. I've yet to spot that one

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    then stay far, far away from the New Jersey Turnpike/port area, and I-95 all the way up to Maine, as a whole ...maybe just stay away from the entire eastern seaboard...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    Reason for edit: spelling
    ducnut and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  7. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    hahaha I used to wait all the time when DOT did a round up in our area. Always so funny playing cat and mouse

Chieftains and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. 50WT

50WT Heavy Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Can hauler = cab and hood different colors, both doors yet again different colors. 3 out of 10 tires that match. Two completely different fuel tanks ,neither one came on the truck when new .One windshield cracked ,one door window dark tinted tho other side clear. Stacks bent .Little to no brakes. But 2 of them monkey butt antennas tilted way forward and a thousand dollar cb that can walk on everyone yet no body can understand.

ducnut Thanks this.
  9. Marmon110P

Marmon110P Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2019
    The OP's pic almost looks like a new truck compared to the West Texas oilfield junk they running out here. Bald tires, always at least 2 or 3 flats and its rare to see both mudflaps. Headlights duct taped in, no fairings at all since they get pounded off and if your lucky the grill is still in it

Capacity and ducnut Thank this.
  10. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Yeah i always laughed at the bent wobble wheel gang to , said to my self Gator there hanging on with all they got , poor souls.
    With the Covid money squandered we could of all be driving largecars with our antennas leanin forward with the roger beep.

Marmon110P and ducnut Thank this.
  11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Ya'll don't see the big picture do ya ? Them guys that drive quality trucks like that .. probably have more money rat holed away then you would ever imagine.. They treat those trucks as a Discardible tool.. run it till it dies and go find another cheap throw away truck when it does die .. They only invest money in fuel and food .. maybe alittle oil now and again..
    As mentioned in a earlier post its be going on forever .. when I 1st started driving 35+ years ago those Gary City steel haulers run junk like that bald tires wore out motors bent up trucks & flat bed trailers
    Most were cab over GMC & Internationals .. now its FLD & Volvos
    Their also the ones that Ya'll complain about hauling 1.80 pm frieght
    Most are happy to drive junk like that because its better living conditions then the bombed out building in some 3rd world country they were living in 10 or so years ago .. When a former Political leader offered them a free CDL & Citizenship in the US of A..
    The DOT isn't gonna bother them because they know its a lost cause & a wate of time.. and a fair amount of those drivers don't speak english...
    Iam not defending them at all .I'am just say'n .. make fun.of them all you want .. but their the ones getting the last laugh

haycarter, TallJoe and Cdemars316 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.