Good lease purchase programs

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Ghost_83, Oct 25, 2015.

1. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

I make .46-.48cpm solo. Teams should not make less than .50-.52 cpm! Ever!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    yeah smartty, most of them are walk away leases, I guess you would e=want to find that out before you sign on the line, I walked away from one 13 years ago and nothing ever happened to me or my credit.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  4. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    One thing that is not usually understood about companies that lease is that lease is an asset used to counter the declining value of the truck on the companies balance sheet. Some use unrealistic projections to get as many as possible into the program, but many also prefer you succeed to keep that lease in force.
    My guess is the more they talk about the truck and freedom the worse the program probably is. I worked at a dealer and did many lease and ballon payment style deals, but those are different than a company leasing program. Sales people are taught to sell the sizzle not the steak but if you are going into business you better become an expert on steaks.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Glad to hear it.

6. kevc55

kevc55 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Just talked to them yesterday. Their net cpm is only .43 will be tuff to make this one work

7. kevc55

kevc55 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2015
    The worst thing you can do is have the misconception that a lp is a good way to buy a truck. No if you think of it as a rental, figure your cost to get a take home cpm of 50 cents or better and you'll do fine. Then upgrade as the truck starts to have maintenance issues. Use the lease as a tax write off.

darthanubis, wheeler113 and whitewings Thank this.
  8. wheeler113

wheeler113 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2010
    east stroudsburg pa
    gotta love it

truckon Thanks this.
  9. wheeler113

Aug 14, 2010
    east stroudsburg pa
    reading all the post on here. you my friend have word to live by. I had my truck paid off but had to sell it do to an injury. But now I'm almost ready to go back and that's what I'm going to do dive in with both feet and give it my all

10. wheeler113

Aug 14, 2010
    east stroudsburg pa
    reading all the post on here. you my friend have word to live by. I had my truck paid off but had to sell it do to an injury. But now I'm almost ready to go back and that's what I'm going to do dive in with both feet and give it my all

11. wheeler113

Aug 14, 2010
    east stroudsburg pa
    Any one hear horror story about Atumn Transportation I'm thinking of doing a lease purchase with them
    I'm in northeast Pennsylvania

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.