Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Quartzsite as at the pilot.
    Traffic was bad on eb 10. Lost alot of time so stopped here for the nite. Still had about 2 hrs left to drive but didn't eat all day.
    About 150 miles to Scottsdale az. Gonna be close. Hope there's no traffic
    Btw... thanx to the knight driver for being my eyes when backing into the spot. Had a hard time seeing the line and I don't like getting close to other trucks when backing

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Pheonix terminal
    Was about 15 minutes late to delivery. But called a dl who called csr to let them know.
    Heavy traffic again
    The csr sent a reschedule message giving me till 0945. So no service failure when I left a blinking red triangle went on and all gauges looked good so kept driving here.
    Guy in prequall lane didn't say what it was and now it's getting it's a and b service. I will ask when I get the truck
    Said it take about 3 hrs. I think it's 4 lol.
    Sent me a preplan to deadhead to jurupa terminal with an mt trailer.

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    What a nice shop experience at Manteno.
    They got the truck in at around 0900 and I had it back at 1500. Not bad for A and B services plus a transmission oil change.
    Then I spoke to a planner and had my choice of loads, so I grabbed a Costco load going to Omaha.

We are staying at the TA in Morris tonight. It is Leann's last week on the truck so I thought I would treat her to R Place for dinner.

5. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Great resteraunt. Ate there last time I was there.
    My truck still in shop status. A and b is done but they have to fix something on cruise control and replace a/c filter. So look like it be done tomorrow since they close at 6 pm

6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I love that place. Great chicken pot pie.

And I think most shops close very early now, since Knight took over. They got rid of many shop people, while increasing the time it takes to do the services. It gets things backed up.
    Manteno closes at 1600.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  7. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Woke up, sat in front of DMs desk until load was found. Grabbed a load of rebar in Queen creek. First time id slung chains in bloody near two years,,, it was 111 degress, and that would have been fine if not for having to lower a trailer in low gear cause the Yard dog droped the trailer with gear at maximum height. That zapped all my momentum for anything else. Didn't expect a rowing lesson. Even in lowgear lots o resistance.

Stopped at the Flying J next to Gallup, im on the way too Albuquerque. Literally ate nothing until got to the Flying J,,, which was admittedly dumb. After all that activity early, the hunger was coming in strong. So i called it a night early to get my clock starting ever so earlier.

8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I have seen them getting out and extending the landing gear all the way before they drop it, usually with very heavy loads.
    Jerks.

And sometimes I see drivers cranking it down as far as they can go before dropping it, and really putting effort into it.

9. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV

Thats true, ive seen it. And many of the CMC drivers said its on purpose. National beef in Liberal KS comes to mind ...

10. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Queen creek AZ. Out of hours in a private hidey hole. Ill grab a load of 60footers tomorrow, get em to vegas. Deliver Monday, bring some steel back to Phoenix.

And switch to the Coreslab account for a month. Ill be back on CMC afterwards. Got a month long project hauling precasts. There will doubtless be some exciting pics from that one. Back to salary I go.

Its the account I Mentioned we were bidding, we got it and im on it. Forgot to ask which precasts we are hauling, ill know tuesday. Depending on what we are hauling, it could get a bit intense.

11. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Thousand palms ca at the flying j.
    Truck finally got out of shop Friday afternoon. Guy said they will call me when it got done. They didn't so don't know how long it was done.
    Got a load yesterday picking up 4 miles away from terminal going to Camarillo ca anytime today
    Then picking up in Oxnard ca that delivers in Henderson nv at 1700 tomorrow

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.