Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Paramount ca at the Ralph's dc.
    Left Hesperia ca at 0400 so I can get pass most of the morning traffic.
    Spent a couple hours at the intermodul yard in Montebello( 10 miles from here)
    Took 30 minutes to get here. Arrived at 0830 and got into door at 0930.
    Started to unload at 1100.
    Let's see if they have me here longer than 5 hours like last time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Have a load that picks up in Irwindale ca today and goes to red bluff ca anytime b4 midnite Saturday. Be there tomorrow lol.
    Hopefully I can get out of Ralph's here soon

4. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I never liked that Neovia at Irwindale CA because they never have a good spot to drop your empty.

5. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Never heard it called that. Right next to the speedway. Just got to find a hole to put it in. Sometimes the guard will.let me drop.it right passed the shack on the right if there is room

6. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    The company who manages that location right now is called Neovia Logistics. I think Schneider and Yellow used to manage that location too. But yeah, that’s a Walmart DC 6912. There is another Walmart DC nearby where Swift lost the contract and CR England is managing that. You can see a bunch of Swift trailers next to the 605 freeway that they used for the other Walmart DC. Anyhow, come busy time, it’s impossible to find a spot to put it in. Anyways, you are lucky to find a spot. Usually the yard goat won’t let me drop the trailer as I see fit. If you have a load delivering there, putting that trailer in the hole is also a pain the the butt. Over all, I just dislike that place.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  7. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Yep... it's a busy place.

Tolmie Thanks this.
  8. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Wheeler ridge at the Petro.
    Took Ralph's 4 hours to get me out of there. Came here after picking up in Irwindale for my 10.
    Gonna stop tomorrow in lathrop terminal to get some free lunch then deliver this in red bluff tomorrow afternoon

9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Flying J in San Antonio, TX.

I had a 2000 live unload at Dollar General.
    In and out in under 1.5 hours, which I think is a record for any Dollar General I have been at.

Yesterday I reserved a spot here at the J, knowing what I would find at that time of night.

10. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Wickenberg, got a wall in the morning. Legal load, stood up in a frame. Ill try to rember to grab a shot, cool looking set up. Staying in a hotel. We will leave 7ish am.

11. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    My son went in the hospital 08/26 and was discharged 09/05. 11 days/10 nights. He's home and except for his mother hovering over him you wouldn't know how close he came to dying.

My truck sat @ the Edwardsville terminal for 10 days. Rather than carry over the week's fixed costs I covered it with maintaince money. I stopped @ a TA in Iowa earlier today and had the equivalant of a B-service done, in and out in an hour. Try THAT @ any Swift shop.

Today is my 8th day back in the truck and I finished it with less than an hour left on my 70. I'm in Ottawa, KS on my way home. I picked up a paper load north of Oshkosh, WI headed to SoCal. Rather than deliver it I'm t-calling it in Phoenix and taking a couple days off. I'm still wore out from hanging out @ the hospital 8-14 hours a day.

I'm fortunate that I have excellent health care insurance. I had to cover a couple thousand in deductables when my son had his first blood clot back in Janurary but not a dime since.

FerrissWheel, dptrucker and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.