Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    They are swift trailers, all years and makes. Some rented too ups. Some of which are just otherwise somehow reserved too them. Me and the guy i got in phoenix had a rather lengthy disscussion on the topic. After i gave him 20 trailers, and he gave up and just searched to see if any were free there. Which they were not. As i said, UPS, is hoarding them.

Its a UPS/Swift drop yard only. So says the load planner and my managment. At least the section i circled was. I thought id hit the jack pot when i saw so many, but alas, they are all currently in UPS's hands.

ECT in phoenix is all i can get ahold of at this hour. He said that a TM, my FM or OM could probably release some of them if necessary. Flatbed has no nightly coverage. Anymore. Though we do actually have 1 weekend crew, among the 600 or so of us.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    yep... those trailers are for ups only.
    they will sit there all year till the holidays.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  4. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Im just gonna start the morning asking for a trailer solution. On the Odds that Fontana and JV both are probably not gonna cut it.

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    UPS can not be trusted to do as instructed.

I ordered a new computer for my sister the other day. The delivery time was between 1330 and 1745 today.
    As it required a signature and she would not be getting home until around 1600 I paid an extra $8 for a guaranteed delivery time of between 1545 and 1745.

It was delivered today at 1239 and left at the office.
    I don't mind that the office was able to sign for it, but I did pay extra for a service that was totally blown off by the driver.

I just spent almost 30 minutes on the phone with UPS for a refund, but nothing was resolved because they could not see the charge in their system.

6. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
  7. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    *notes to self, fedex all packages to moose*

I had a similar experience years ago.

Phoenix. Main terminal. Gotta take care of something in the morning. And check to see if any flatbed students just happen to be sitting around.

Got down to Fontana, no trailers, trailer solution came through at home depot yard in Highland CA. Me and another swifty picked probably the last two trailers there at the time.

Got to customer 10 minutes ahead of time.

PHX1 Flat is getting raked over the coals for a few guys being late. Might get the details on what triggered that in the morning if I remember.

Also if you deliver a lease trailer that isnt swifts too Adelanto, write down plate and VIN. JV planner finally told me this morning. To which my DM responds, "even we were not told." So who knows how thatll end up. But no one told me a thing about it till after the fact, so hopefully thatll blow over. Cant follow instructions that are never given.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And that makes me wonder...
    Was the driver never given the instructions?

The blame goes to UPS directly, not the driver.
    Everything worked out OK in the end.
    My sister has her new computer and is happy.

But UPS dropped the ball at some point and charged me for something that never happened.
    And how many hours do I have to spend with these people to get a refund for a service not provided.

In the end it is not worth my time, except to not ship with UPS in the future - when I have the option.
    FedEX has always been more reliable in my experience.

9. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV

Probably a reasonable guess.

Fedex has been my preferred delivery service for the past decade. If for no other reason than the fact that its not an act of congress to get things rerouted, dropped of at a store, or sign by proxy, just so they can leave the thing at the door.

But last few years my better half has had a box at a mail store in Vegas. So now everything goes there and we dont really think about it any more.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  10. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Phoenix AZ.

Took a drug test this morning. Met with driver development. Found out my student was in the securement course. So I played off like I was any other flatbedder and helped the guy who runs it with demonstrating things.

End of the day, the instructor suprised the student with "your mentor is right behind you."

Told him go back to his room, rest up we roll to Dallas in the morning. Seems like he's got the right attitude. I told him what all he will need and what not to forget. So as of tomorrow I'm officially back in the passenger seat.

dptrucker and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    misquite nv at the flying j .
    other relay driver got to beaver ut early. around 7pm.
    had 2hr 45m left so came here for the nite
    He said it was gonna start snowing overnite all the way down to st George ut. weather report I saw said snow in beaver and rain in cedar city.
    but I wasn't gonna wait and see lol.
    this load had an appt for Saturday at 1500 in Azusa ca.. dl better tcall it tomorrow lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.