Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Plot twist.

So friday didn't go as planned. Had to wait the weekend to move the last few gates off, they gave the container to a closer team. I still went and saw the ships in battleship cove, real cool, and had some excellent sea food at the place next to the cove.

So today i delivered the rest of the gates, cause my student couldn't get to sleep in time, which is the only time hes had trouble with that thus far.

So now we are picking up a hydraulic cylinder for a 2500 ton press. No big deal, only weighs 30k. For something thats maybe 8- 10ft long.

Was supposed to pick up today, but the customer actually needs to get a straight truck in the building cause the first driver with a 48ft and a normal truck hit a stop sign, the fence and tore up the neighbors yard and thiers in the attempt, so me at a total of 9ft longer, they were not gonna watch that happen again. But im parked here in CT waiting for them to get the truck here in the morning.

Also, load was originally going to Lansing MI, but the customer switched to union city TN.

Called CR Robinson and swift, both are cool with that and we have freight going west from there. So still on track kind of.

Ops manager payed my layover in advance.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Stuck @ The Pilot in Tumwater, WA. Dropped a TJ Maxx load in Lacey this morning then came here knowing that freight was short. 53 in the hole yesterday, up to 63 this morning. Last I checked I was #30 on the list.

No layover pay for me, one of the downsides of being an O/O. Looks like that's all gonna change on March 4th.

FerrissWheel and dptrucker Thank this.
  4. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    parawon it at the t/a
    picked a load up out of jurupa terminal and delivered it to Redlands ca.
    was suppose to go back to jurupa terminal for another load that I was taking to beaver ut
    but was taken off as I left the final.
    called dl to see what's up and he said to head to Irwindale ca instead.
    So pulled over on the onramp and put in New info on nav.
    actually passed the stupid place. was looking for a dc building not a crossdock lol.
    took me a bit to go so get turned around. if i didnt waste the time doing that, I probably could have made it to beaver tonite.
    other driver 10 will be up around 0800 tomorrow so I will show up then
    only 35 mile away now. had only 13 minutes left on 11 when I got here

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  5. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    On the move. Grabing a coil in AR going to Laredo. Getting back west the hard way.

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It seems I am fated to go to GA.

I turned down a pplan that would already pick up late and with no delivery time. It was going to the Atlanta area.

Not long after I was stacked with two loads.
    I am in Morris, IL at the TA tonight after picking up the first, a Costco load. It is going to Sioux Falls, SD.
    Then I pick up one in Sioux City headed to Macon, GA.

At least it isn't Atlanta. But still, what are the odds of getting routed to GA from distant areas with this last round of plans?
    I think it is a conspiracy of some sort, from someone, somewhere...

dptrucker and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  7. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    "a plot was had, subtle but gross"

Be in Laredo in an hour, 3 tier cluster **** getting the coils. I got us past Dallas and decided to take a nap, cause i had been awake at Delivery and pick up of course. And my alarm didn't go off, so we will deliver tommorow instead of early, grab some frame rails, take the student too Phoenix, take the load to SLC and Tcall it. Do my A service Monday in SLC, then grab a Vegas bound load to go home *crosses fingers* "not insulation".

dptrucker Thanks this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Yeah freights real slow ... 430 loads in Dallas on DAT last Tuesday ... Yesterday, 130.

I was in Duncan, OK ... Deadheaded to Kansas for a load going to SLC that doesn't deliver until Monday.

9. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    NASCAR is in Las Vegas this weekend. prepare for some heavier traffic
    hopefully I can get thru there early.
    they are I fontana the following weekend.
    would like to go but only off on Mondays and so t think I can get there and stop for 4 hrs. then still make it to jurupa terminal.

10. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    beaver ut at ernies truck stop.
    load I got is going to Irwindale ca anytime tomorrow.
    then i pick one up about 2 miles away and drive back here on saturday.

11. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    In that case ill take us89 to SLC.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.