Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I've had decent loads since that last Costco load.

A 1,000 miler going to MI, and my current load is 800 miles. A bit too much time on it as it delivers Monday down in Joplin, MO.
    Then 500 to IL the next day.

That one to MI, the GPS brought me to what looked like a long abandoned building. No answer from the phone numbers given and no directions.
    No activity that I could see, no name or numbers on the building to confirm the address or the company. CSR could not get through to the company either.
    After a couple hours someone was finally contacted and put in touch with me.
    He told me the entrance to use, and once I was able to work my way back there I had to push open the half closed gate myself.

Once in I entered the building. In the very back there was a section with shelves with stuff, one construction worker working on something, and one other guy that signed the BOL.
    There was no dock to use, and he was the only person there to unload.
    Instead of making him make multiple trips in and out of the trailer to tailgate the load, I tailgated it for him.

dptrucker and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Not a good start to the week.

I delivered a load to Kansas City Friday evening and my next load didn't pick up until Sunday, so I got an unwanted 34.
    That was all of 240 miles down near Wichita, KS that delivered Monday morning at 1030.
    I got there this morning at 0945 and was told my load was scheduled to deliver tomorrow at 1300, so I am sitting for another day.

My home time is set for Friday, so this is going to be a very bad week.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  4. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    jurupa terminal.
    took load from target in fontana ca to goodwill in tustin ca for a 0800 live unload.
    then went back here to terminal to pick up load that had a 1300 live inload in ontario ca.
    had plenty of time to waste. so got truck washed. went to shop to get sone gladhand seals and a spare mudflap for trailer. they were out of truck mudflap.
    got to final at 1230 and wasnt the rite place.
    receiver says its going next door.
    swift sent me to international paper and new ibdy was the next door place.
    so it took toll 1330 for dl to answer phone.
    i had sent a message to csr with no response.
    finally she called and said they made a mistake with the address and itcwas going to inew ndy..
    now i am 1 ht late when i checked on.receiver didnt say anything but take my phone number.
    gotta wait in stagong area for them to csll you for the dock.
    ran out of hours byvtine tgey syartedcto unload mw
    so ended up pc back here.
    15 hr day

dwells40 and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  5. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    when they called and said to head in.. a truck jusy left a dock and the nextctruck was backing in.
    he hit the ramp to hard i guess and 2 bales of cardboard fell off the back.
    they have 2 docks. by time the next truck that i was waiting for to leave, forklift was able to retreive those two bales onto the dock.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Don't you just love the drama?

dptrucker Thanks this.
  7. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    thoight something was off simce imternational paper usually just takes rolls
    not scrap.
    bol show 42 peices.
    but had to go there anyways.
    should have said something to dl before i went there.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    St. Joseph, MO at the Love's.

I got to my delivery in Joplin about 1.5 hours early this morning. I was right around the corner from my last delivery.
    The pick up number wasn't in the load assignment so my DM had to contact CSR to get it. When I took the number in I was told that load had picked up 4 days ago.
    After waiting 4 hours for some work from CSR, who was trying to contact the shipper for a new number, the load was put on hold and I was sent a new pplan.
    Huge waste of a morning.

I didn't get to my pickup here in St. Joseph until 1730, so it was just after 1800 when I shut down here. There are no good spots along my route for some time.
    Now I have just over 600 miles to Fort Wayne, IN for my delivery tomorrow. It will be a long and late day by the time I'm done, with no really nearby truck stops. I'll probably end up having to reserve a spot at the J.

They redesigned the parking lot at this Love's a while back. Many more spaces and lots of room. I used to hate coming here, but it is really nice now.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I'm not sure why but this morning my delivery was pushed out 1 day.
    Nice for me, being able to stop early today so I could get a shower and deliver mid-day tomorrow.

dptrucker and dwells40 Thank this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Moose ... saw your twin today in West Valley. A million miler Cascadia, same color ...

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I saw another not too long ago in Rockford, IL, a 3 million miler.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.