Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    lost hills ca at the arco t/s.
    my dispatch said 0900 for shipper.
    preplan didnt have trailer number so started clock so i cpuld arrive around 0830.
    while doing my pretrip sent message to csr and someone else reponded no trailer info.
    no #### lol.
    just as i pulled into shippers driveway dl called and said appt was changed to 1500 and go in amd see if it was ready early.
    nope.
    so back to terminal to grab this load.
    other driver preloaded trailer in richmond ca ended up being a live load.
    so he running late too.
    should have enough time to get back to jurupa terminal before time runs out.

The_vett, Moosetek13 and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Sunday at 0600.
    I had a day to wait before picking up my next load, but I could not be dispatched because I was on safety hold. My truck needs a b-service.
    No one around that could help, so I got close to my pick up and waited until this morning.
    One other problem was that my trailer would not pass inspection at the shipper. It was 1 year too old, and that place is picky.

So this morning I headed to another of the shippers lots to swap my trailer for a newer one, then called my terminal.
    Luckily my FM answered and she got me off the hold and dispatched me.

I called my DM a bit later to see about the b-service.
    She sent a message to the Manteno shop for an appointment and about 45 minutes later I was told tomorrow morning at 0700.
    That was a shock, since they are usually booked for days in advance. I got a bit lucky.

I got to the final a couple hours early then headed down here to Manteno with plenty of time for a nice break before tomorrow morning.
    All in all, a pretty good day.

4. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    buena park ca at final.
    spent jite couple miles from herr on side street to hopefully make next trip to lost hills.
    got under empty trailer and now truck wont start.
    took mechanic 2 hrs to get here to say starter bad.
    now waiting for tow truck to show.
    gonna miss a rpund trip.
    do a local run tomorrow.

The_vett and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  5. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    been some type of drama every day from the get go on the lost hills relay.
    been ending back in jv terminal with under half hour on clock.
    the first day walmart load wasnt ready early so picked load up at terminal.
    dl had a local driver pick up the wm load so i can take it up tues..
    grabbed the trailer and no scale tix.
    guy used the terminal scale and drives were overweight.
    he wrote it all down on the back of b.o.l.
    says he is in a electric truck and due to batteries that truck is heavier than mine.
    so after #####'n to dl and fleet leader went and scaled it with my truck and weights were good.
    he should have moved tandems all the way forward with his truck and should have been good

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    DP, you sure have a lot of drama with your loads. Always things going badly for you.

By biggest peeve right now is that the shops can never seem to turn on PasSmart correctly. It seems to take several tries at different terminals before someone finally gets it right. Is it that difficult?

I got my b-service at Manteno this morning. They could not figure out the DriveWyze thing but said they did the PasSmart and OptiIdle comfort mode settings.
    Then I headed to the Gary terminal to swap out the PrePass for BestPass and inquire about the DriveWyze. I was told to call someone who told me to call someone else who then got in touch with the person that could actually fix it. It looks like I have DriveWyze back on and I'll soon find out.

But, PasSmart is still not working. Now I'll have to wait until I have another regular shop visit for my next try at getting it right.
    The last time this happened they enabled the PasSmart but didn't set the speed increase. Shoddy workmanship.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  7. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    a guy from pheonix calked me friday about tge bestpass.
    he said we dont use the light on it.
    he said the zonar will say what to do.
    so far all i get is pull in unless closed message

8. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    took tow two hours to get to me .
    got back to terminal just after five pm.
    long day .
    got into a loaner last nite so i can do these two lical runs

dwells40 Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    BestPass is only for tolls, not the scales.
    I only went past one weigh station today and was told to pull in unless closed. It was closed, and I presume if DriveWyze does not get a response it will give that message. It will take some time to really see how it is working.

This morning I no longer had DriveWyze installed because the tablet reverted back to the older version of software.
    I called Zonar and was told that the newer version (1.55) did not exist, and suggested I call Swift Permits.
    I did that, and they got version 1.55 installed again. DriveWyze also showed up again.
    I'm wondering if I log out or restart the tablet, will it again revert back to the older version?
    There seem to be gremlins afoot with this truck.

On a plus note, my PasSmart was working today. I don't know why it wasn't yesterday, but it did work today.

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I delivered across the street from the Love's in Whitestown, IN this afternoon and then bobtailed here to park.
    My next load picks up tomorrow morning where I just delivered, so I lucked out not needing an empty.

Plenty of bobtail parking available, but trucks with trailers were blocking it. Pretty much a full parking lot except for the bobtail section.
    I honked at the lead truck in the way and he just ignored me. So I went inside.
    They sent someone out to move those trucks along in very short order, so I had my parking spot.

dwells40 and dptrucker Thank this.
  11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So I'm going through the process to quit smoking.
    I smoked a pipe for a few decades.

Several months ago I tried the lozenges, but they made me feel weird so I stopped using them.
    At one point it got very hard to breathe and I was barely able to do anything so I decided it was time to get more serious.
    So I started using the patch.
    It works very well for me. The cravings went down immediately and I only smoked 2 or 3 times a day.
    I was able to breathe better and coughed much less.
    I coughed less until a few days ago when I started coughing a whole lot more.

The paper that comes with the patches said it is to be expected as my lungs are expelling a lot of stuff.
    I've been using the patch for about 2 months, and the increased coughing just started a few days ago.
    The biggest drawback is that I have basically lost my voice. I could not communicate to the shipper this morning and he had to read everything from my notepad. The past couple days I have not been able to use the phone as no one can understand me.
    Hopefully this phase won't last very long.

But, I only smoked once yesterday and so far none today.
    We'll see how it goes when I go to the lowest dose on the patch, assuming I can find them.

The_vett, dwells40 and dptrucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.