Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Sometimes the shuttle runs are exactly like that. OTR drivers pick up loads, for the day cab guys can run them in 500 mile legs. Idaho potato loads are usually another common shuttle run.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Yes, but do I snag a load that I can do easily - or step on the toes of certain people?
    And, what might the consequences be if I do so?

A certain 2400+ for the week is enticing, but...

4. truckbuddha

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I ain't got a clue, try calling the WVC plnrs yourself, talk to the horses mouth so to speak. If they can't and I repeat "Can't" compromise on the t-call, then ask them as a favor to back up that load with something good, just to make it fair.

They could I guess Service Fail you on not t calling it like it was set up to be. That's if they really wanted to be mean.

But the so called "shuttle" runs are written in stone and over ride everything. I was in Idaho a couple of yrs ago, and the game they kept wanting to play on me was to pick up a shuttle load, I just kept declining them, one after the other and so on.

So you have a couple of choices, take it, do it and hope for the best. Call, talk to the plnrs yourself, 3 decline it.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I had called Phoenix just prior to seeing your post. Thanks for the response.

You're right about shuttle loads being written in stone.

I spoke with a nice woman, who put me on hold for a bit after I mentioned that I wanted to speak to a planner about this load.
    She then told me that it was set up as a shuttle load from the beginning and nothing could be done. Then she messaged a planner to get me a load, and 10 minutes later I had a pplan.
    Nothing special, it's just to Loveland, CO; but it is something to keep me moving.
    But the person I spoke with was really great.
    Sometimes we get the AH that simply doesn't care, but most times I am treated very well when I call ECT.

My DM mentioned that it had been done before - skipping the t-call and going on with the load, and just saying he 'forgot' to t-call it.
    The driver wasn't penalized for it, but it did make some people rather upset.
    I wasn't comfortable with that as it could mean a SF or some other form of punishment. He never tried to push it, just gave me the option.
    It seemed clear when he called me that he wasn't really happy with the situation from many points. But when I ask a question, he will tell me the truth about the situation.

This way is best I think.

6. truckbuddha

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I 've had mixed results with ECT, the ect plnr in the Denver term, David I think his name is, is the worst, mostly my luck is bad with ect loads.

Plus check Wyoming Road conditions, the entire state is closed along with most of Colorado due to the last winter storm that moved through there today. But it was sunny and almost 50 in SLC today, so it should or might be a nice trip if the weather warms up for you tomorrow.

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The NOAA site shows clearing conditions.
    But yes, it was a real mess today.

I'll be riding in behind the storm from the looks of it.

8. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Sitting in Edwardsville today, truck in the shop....again. In the last month or so, I've been in the shop in Columbus for the same problem...my bunk heater won't work. I know the weather is starting to warm up, but there are stil some cold nights, and I hate being cold. Anyway, the good news is that Edwardsville has actually isolated the problem and hopefully I won't have to deal with this after this.

9. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Stafford, TX at the Toot n Totem. Woke up this morning with a load to Concordia, MO. Wonder after drop on Saturday if I will see another load to keep me rolling. My only worry, I am going to be very close to the clutches of Moberly. Today is nice. Picked up trailer and did not recognize the number, beginning with a D. Found the trailer, Central dry van, single wides and air ride. What a difference.

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Be careful ... those are converted reefers and some companies won't take them. They are less desirable than T trailers.

Home for about 3 weeks ... enjoying a Newcastle.

11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Thanks. this is actually a dry van. Instead of the red lettering, it is in brown. Also I picked it up at the yard in ELP. Was loaded in Mexico. Nothing that I can do about it now. Now have to find out tomorrow if I am on maint hold for 90 day. Message this morning saying due to problems have 30 days and this afternoon receive one telling me that I have 0 days

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.