Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    All that I get back is what is left of the performance bond if anything is wrong with the truck and you just KNOW there will be

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Finally a pplan. Pick up in Des Moines going to Franklin, KY. Of course pick up tomorrow. Now if can just snag a 500 mile load on Tuesday that can deliver on Wednesday, then can end up with at least 2k miles for the week.

4. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas

You know that your DM will get right on it!o_O

5. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I have a bridge to sell you.

inkeper Thanks this.
  6. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Been having so much fun sitting here for the last 2 days. Plenty of parking during the day and watching drivers pull into the reserved spots and not pay, and watch management walk out and tell them to move. Right now looking at 5 trucks sitting in them and not one receipt on the windows

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Later last night they sent the same pplan back to me.
    I ignored it until morning and then turned it down, again saying Home Time Request.

After my unload this morning I got another plan at around 1030.
    Picking up as soon as I get there about a mile from where I had delivered and going to Houston, TX on the 12th.
    Well, that was just about perfect. It's a bit south, but it's nearly 1000 miles in the right direction.
    Thank you planners.

8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So I snagged that load of Michelin tires and headed out.

I'm at the Love's in Hogansville, GA tonight.

9. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    A few thoughts,

Yeah that pay to park crap is really getting annoying, I could comment more, but whats the point.

The cat is starting to I think feel better maybe, he skipped eating for about a day, but now he's starting to make the effort to try and at least eat something I feed him. Yeah!

I am sitting here at the shpr in Raphine, VA, they got the ld, but its not booked to a carrier yet. I msg'd csr and explained that, so we'll see what happens nx.

Yes when I first got here, the guy at the gate said, "oh your a day early." I told him how Swift wanted me here today at 7 am. Just got a call from csr in phx, they don't know anything either. Was asked if I wanted off the ld and something else. said no, I'll just wait and see how things work out on this one. Why not?

Here's something strange, is there no bridge law on the East Coast? There was a Swift that just got ld'd, big rolls of paper, all the way back withing only a couple feet of the doors. You know to be legal his tandems would almost have to be way way back as well. Well anyway, I know out west, no one really cares about the bridge law as long as axle wts are right, but what about here in eastern part of country?

bye, nappy wappy time I guess,

don

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Out west, CA cares about the bridge laws.
    But most places you can set them where you need them.

The RM atlas has a list of all the states and what is legal to run.
    There are a few that are very strict.

11. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Not in Louisianna. I got popped one time, had the axles back where I was legal. They had me move forward so I said now illegal on tandems and he said no, allow 2k on the tandems. Just told me that when I crossed the line, move them back again

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.