Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. spectacle13

spectacle13 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Fernley, NV. Stopped at the terribles so the fiance and I could get a shower. Now we're headed back east to IL.
    We'll be in hodgkins, IL Friday morning.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Dollar General, Scottsdale, KY. I hate this place, almost as much as Memphis. Or anywhere in California...

PP said delivery at 0700 this morning. Got here at 0615, only to find out that DG has 0700 *tomorrow*.

I just came off of a 34 yesterday, and need to be rolling. At least my student is getting her 34 today (and paid for it). I'm going to beg my DM for layover pay for today...

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I hate it when Swift and the customer mess up like that.

5. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    In my experience it's almost ALWAYS Swift who screwed the pooch and when that happens no layover, detention, NOTHING!

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I have been paid some detention in some cases when proved that I did what I was told and someone screwed up

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I am so stuffed.

I made a turkey dinner tonight.
    12 pound turkey, stuffing, potatoes and giblet gravy, broccoli and rolls.
    I love having a real kitchen.

I'll be doing the pumpkin pie tomorrow for desert.

8. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Moberly MO, Wal-Mart. The plan, the system, everyone I called saw this load being a drop today by 3pm. Well Wal-Mart thought it was Live, and at 1am. Which is really screwed up, cause it was scheduled to pick up at 4am. With about 350 miles in between.

So I come through the gate ready to DnH, and head towards Indiana, and of course they won't let me deliver. So now I've been waiting on CSR to contact Wal-Mart. For the past 6 hours.

The plus side, is this DC is right behind a Walmart store that has truck parking. So I got some Halloween decorations and other odds and ends.

@Moosetek13 , sounds delicious

9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It was yummy. I made a couple pumpkin pies this evening.

So I got a pplan early, early this morning. I didn't go down to my truck until this afternoon to check it out.
    They wanted me to pick up a t-called load at Inver Grove tomorrow and deliver it by 0800 in MO on Monday, nearly 600 miles away.
    My PTA is for 1000 tomorrow, so I wouldn't get to the terminal until nearly 1100 - unless I got up VERY early, which I'm not about to do. If I am home I sleep in a bit.
    So I say I will pick up at 1100 Sunday and deliver at 1100 Monday, and it was removed. No further pplans so far.

It seems they always try to get me moving before my PTA time, and it is irritating.
    I take 3 days a month for home time. They should respect that and give me loads that don't interfere with my planned PTA time!

FLCRACKER Thanks this.
  10. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Yeah, they pulled that on me this time, but I did the same thing you did, countered. They are just fishing, it's annoying but easy to deal with.

I'm in Olney IL, Red Rooster. Picked up Turkey in Washington IN and will be delivering in St.Joseph MO. at 1100. I'm hoping for the caves afterward, it's been awhile.

11. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    You LIKE the caves?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.