Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Auto-correct/dyslexia ... always an entertaining combination .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLCRACKER

FLCRACKER Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Lorida, FL
    Do any of you know anything about Kraft dedicated out of Georgia?

4. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Sitting at DHL, so much for preloaded. It is now 0555 in Hebron KY and this load must be in Sumner WA 1100 Monday. Road conditions will decide what happens in that regard.

Route shoots up to Fargo ND. After this I get a break from team BS. Student getting dropped at sumner. My planner was out and I turned down Amazon and FedEx before accepting this one. Maybe I'll get some lumber or something up there and ditch this van.

So at some point we will cross moose's path.

As for Kraft dedicated, I know a solo leaseop on it. Don't know about Georgia, he's based in OKC, he's all over. Runs hardcore. I covered a few Kraft loads when I was still running reefer. It's all the same to me, don't remember much of a difference other than the occasional delivery window which was a nice change for reefer.

FLCRACKER Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I stopped in Hardin, MT to get some fuel.
    It has never been more difficult to get someone on the phone. It took over an hour, and then finally by calling on road for emergency fuel.
    By then it was snowing pretty hard so I decided to shut down here until tomorrow. There isn't anywhere to stop after here for at least 120 miles.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be clear, so maybe I can run between snow storms for at least a day.

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Home sweet home now. Moving to a new company on the 19th. On my way to Maryland and needed to stop by the home and I am so happy that I did. dropped south out of Chicago and taking 70 over to Maryland and so happy that I did. Was seeing pics of 90 across Ohio.

7. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    New company again ?

8. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Yep. Been feeling like I am still at Swift for the last couple of months. No miles, no communication and when I start borrowing from Peter to pay Paul, time to move on

9. Trucker47

Trucker47 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Life is not always greener on the other side sometimes

10. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    True but after fighting for miles for almost 1 year at Swift, was seeing the writing on the wall. Figured out the other day that come the first of the year, I can retire and just work part time driving a truck 3-4 days a week and make more then I was then and now. At least with the new company, making $1.25 for all loaded miles and $1.00 empty and know that I just need 2500 and be happy

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I was at the Pilot in Sioux City, IA last night.
    Around an hour after I went to bed I was rudely awakened by many jolts and a lot of crashing noises.
    Before I could even look out the window the truck that hit me was gone. No one saw what happened.

The driver side sleeper was hit. The window was shattered and the storage door was pretty mangled. The door was pushed back about 8 inches, folded in the middle and wedged into the frame.
    There is some damage to the interior as well, from everything being pushed in.

This morning on-road had me take it to the International dealer to see if it was safe to drive. They said yes, and they covered the open areas as best as they could.
    I was told that the entire left side of the sleeper - from the roof down - will need to be replaced.

And that put me one more day behind on this load.
    After I deliver on Wednesday I'm heading to Columbus terminal to put it in the shop and get a new truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.