Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    When I was in the military I spent sometime overseas. I got used to driving in the left lane. When I first came back home I would catch myself driving in the left lane. Lucky the only thing ever happened was a frightened passenger.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Some drivers don't even realise damage to the DOT bumper is illegal. But much more likely the usual "not my problem no more, don't care." They ain't thinking of you or me when they do this. And 99% of the time, they know there are no consequences, there aren't going to be any consequences.

Bout 1/4 of our flatbeds have air leaks. Wonder how that happened. Well it's simple, only gets noticed if you get an inspection, inspections are rare. So no one fixes them.

Heck going into west valley I had to deliver the next day so I made sure to set the trailer brakes (something I avoid out of habit in the winter.) Thing wasn't holding air pressure, they didn't think to have me push the valve in when they were looking at it. Got it red tagged the next day after delivery (knew I needed a different type of trailer.) , but point is it slips through even the best inspection bay in the company.

I hate waiting in line at West valley, but give em credit, thier inspection process makes Phoenix look lazy depending on the time of day. And that's about the only way we are going to keep broken stuff outta the yards. Cause why would a driver do thier job?

ronvicki6653 Thanks this.
  4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Not too long ago I delivered in Salt Lake. I was asked to unhook from the trailer and park on the side for my 10 hour break, since I was taking it there. He said he would leave the BOL in the back of the trailer.
    When I woke up the next morning the trailer was gone. Another Swift driver stole it, along with the BOL.

After a few phone calls the trailer was located at West Valley, red tagged for some cracked brake drums.
    He stole my trailer and got burned when he had to bring it through inspection.
    And he didn't have the decency to leave the BOL with the trailer.
    I was off accelerated pay for weeks because of that.

West Valley can be a pain, but as you said they do a good job with the inspections. They are one of the only reasons, I think, that we don't find a lot more garbage trailers out there.
    And it warmed by heart that the snagged trailer was red tagged. Served him right. Instant karma.

ronvicki6653 Thanks this.
  5. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    I love it, probably flipped around for fuel .

Got to donner, chains minnimum. Put on chains, get to the checkpoint, chains off. They dropped the laws as I got to the check point.

At the 49er delivering in the morning.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    100 miles to go to my 0800 delivery tomorrow morning in OH, on some slower roads. So I'll starting my pretrip at around 0430, just to give time for traffic.

And I keep getting pplans, always two of them, and the first has a delivery of 2000 or later tomorrow night. The first set had a second pick up of 2330 tomorrow night.
    Both sets had me t-calling in Edwardsville for the second plan.

I finally called the planner, who brushed me off saying... OK, you're fixed.

My PTA is 0830 tomorrow morning, and they can't figure out that my 14 won't last that long?

7. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Always fun, it seems that Victor may have heard your plea.

8. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Well I'm in Lathrop. My glass customer was closed for presidents day. Got unloaded, went over to Pittsburg CA. Picked up two 18Klbs suicide coils.

And it was raining pretty much anytime I happened to be actively unsecuring or securing a load, not that I mind much, but no matter how much waterproof crap you have on, you always get wet it seems.. Now off to Garland TX.

And Lathrop is packed, drivers lounge is standing room only. Almost all the spots are full.

9. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana

Yea I hate rain when I was doing training in the army every time we hit the field that nasty 4 letter word would happen, it seemed 75% of the time..

I was okay until my underwear got wet. Then I was just miserable lol....

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    York, NE at the Petro.

Aside from having to wake up at 0245 this morning it has been a pretty good day.
    300 miles to my delivery, a drop, then 30 to my next pick up which was preloaded in Kansas City, KS.
    This is my fuel stop on my way to my first delivery in Burwell, NE tomorrow morning, then on to Denver for a Friday morning delivery - and a home time weekend with my girls.

575 miles today so I'm stopping here, to fuel in the morning during pretrip time.

And they are getting me 'home' on my requested date, which is always very nice indeed.
    Let's see if I can get myself there.
    There is snow coming in tomorrow, but it doesn't sound too bad. I'm hoping it stays that way.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  11. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Your underwear, my gloves. Ain't a single pair that don't eventually soak through. And even if there were it probably wouldn't last long flatbedding.

It's like flatbeds are made of a special glove destroying acid.

But I have found a few that hold up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.