Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Quite so.

Now if I could only respond to the detention messages on the Qualcom.
    My QC has been acting up again. I seldom have a signal, or even a connection, for more than a few minutes at a time. And many times that is not long enough for it to upload or download messages.

Some days or weeks it is perfect. Others, like today, it is crashing and/or rebooting several times an hour.
    The strange thing is, it often clears up for the most part after the sun goes down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    My QC was fine all through the night and up until noon when I was leaving Coca Cola.
    As soon as I pulled out of the dock it lost the connections and started rebooting over and over.
    I got my next load picked up a bit early and came here to the TA in Morris, and still no connections.
    Maybe it is all the solar flare activity.

It turns out that Coke did want that load last night. Someone there dropped the ball big time.
    As I was waiting in front of the docks for another truck to pull out a lady came to the truck asking when I got there last night and who I spoke with. She was pretty upset when I told her I got there at 2130 and that I was told to wait.
    I finally hit the dock at around 0900, and the building suddenly lost power. They could not begin to unload me for another 2.5 hours when the power returned.

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Your QC is jinxed; spaceweather.com says solar flare activity is subsiding. Actually it sounds like a ground problem with your QC. My company truck QC had the same sort of symptoms way back when and, after replacing the black box three times, one of the OKC techs found a corroded ground, fixed it and I never had any more problems.
    Frank

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Thanks.
    That thought had crossed my mind a few days ago and then, I forgot.

Focus! We must maintain focus.

But it's a real pain to lose time in a shop. I'll have to eventually, I know.
    For the time being I've been stating my location in the comments. The QC says to go to paper logs, but stating my location with every duty status change seems to be OK. I'll even move to the drive line manually so I can input my location.

6. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Midtown Manhattan. Jacob Javits convention center. Note to self show up as early as possible to a convention even if traffic is thick as mollasses. I thought I'd be slick and come in at night. Big mistake. All the normal convention trucks showed up way earlier and took most of the parking all over midtown. That was fun. There are over 400 trucks checked in and waiting for that 0700 unload. And half of us aren't parked legally. They were triple parking on 12th Ave earlier.

On the side of the interesting. I took Broadway down from the GWB. I am not doing this again. Not without an extra zero anyway. But it's off the bucket list. It's one hell of an experience and it's not half over. Im having a feeling that my 4pm pickup in West Chester PA may not happen. I was told I'm supposed to be at the front of the line since I have the big heavy stuff, but with this many trucks, who knows. Me and my compadre with the 2nd half of the load look to be the only two flatbeds here.

Moosetek13 and scottied67 Thank this.
  7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I've done conventions a few times at Las Vegas ... very well organized, with lots of waiting.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  8. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Amsterdam from GWB and ride N/S. That's what I used to do when I delivered meat down there curbside.

9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I've only done one convention, and I can't remember where.
    I remember it being chaotic though.

I shut down today in Des Moines, IA. A short day because of so much time on this load.

My QC was flawless today. Go figure.

10. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Missoula, MT on a 34. Stuck where I don't want to be, 650 miles from where I need to be, 1500 miles from where I want to be.

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I feel for you Jamie. Montana isn't the best place for a 34.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.