Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Still here at the Love's in Phoenix.
    My phone beeped with a pplan early this afternoon, but by the time it came to the QC it had been removed. I guess someone else had grabbed it.
    That was OK with me.
    A live load tomorrow morning at 0500 (Easter?), then a stop in Tucson and the final in El Paso, TX by 1745 tomorrow evening - both at Albertson's grocery stores.

I would have done it if I had to, but I'm glad I didn't have to.
    I would rather still be eligible for layover pay than do that load.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Picking up at Aria convention center in Las Vegas. CSR had a crap contact number. Call the AriaCC. Just head to the loading dock. Well this could be interesting. Got a box right now for this. Been home the past two days. I'm not actually taking hometime for two more weeks, but this worked out. Oh well, we shall see what happens. At least this is one city where I'm better than the GPS.

That and it's kind of hard to miss a Giant Orange building. No mistaking the Aria docks that's for sure.

4. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    West Denver TA.

Vail was a slip and slide all the way up. But that's what I get for driving through there at night and beating the saltshakers to the punch. It's never a good sign when the traction light stays on a good 30seconds. Had one heck of a drive slip. Got a few degrees of trailer to the driver's side. Of course I'd hit ice with 7k. First I was excited cause this probably the lightest load I've had over the Rockies, other than the empty with skate. And then, things got way too exciting.

At that point normal human beings pull into a rest area or something and wait for a plow, my one opportunity I couldn't find the ramp, so I just dropped speed way down and kept going.

I'm headed to Columbus. And I have a lovely cough that the defrosters agrivated horribly.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Fresno, CA.

I delivered a load near here Friday morning, then got a pplan that afternoon (not picking up until 0439 this morning) going down to San Diego next to the terminal.
    Then it was cancelled that night and I've been sitting here since then.
    The message looked like it was transmitted to several drivers from the JIT person.

Boring, and I need some miles.

I've been here at a truck stop that charges, but I have not paid anything.
    Strange, since I have been sitting here from Friday at noon. But no one has said anything, and I am right up front.
    Well, if they don't want to enforce it, I won't impose my money on them.

6. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Topeka service area. KS.

Could have went further, but I wanted my hours to start a little earlier. Got a student to pick up in Columbus Monday. Hopefully this one works out. The last one decided at 185 hours this line of work isn't for him.

I won't tell....

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Corning, CA at the Petro.

After sitting 2 days in Fresno I finally got a load. T-called at Lathrop and delivering in Portland, OR at 1500 on the 25th.
    Yes. Way too much time for this load, but it got me out of Fresno.
    And it could have been worse. It could have been a load back to SoCal..

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I drive local out of Redding. Cottonwood scales have been working hard. Got inspected twice this week. Good luck

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and allow an extra hour just in case.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  10. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

I know the ramp of which you speak; that small "rest area". It's been plowed shut for months.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  11. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Bryan, TX on a 34 at my co-driver's house.

Doctor's appointment today for my annual, rescheduled from two weeks ago when I was stuck in Oregon. My partner has been on an LOA, which was to end two weeks ago (hence the scheduling for the appointment). Missed appointment, home time changed. Get a message from my onsite manager asking when she's getting back on the truck. My response...

"Texas home time. She'd be on the truck now if the original request had been met."

Not one word about it... :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.