Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Yea I’ve had a pilot in an area with nothing around, but this location is near plenty of our typical fuel stops so I think something is up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It'll be nice if we start using them again.

I'm at the Atlanta terminal for a b-service.
    Got a message today from our FM that the speeds will be turned up at our next b-service. Hopefully that means I'll have more speed beginning tomorrow.
    There is a note on my work order to remind them.

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Got that right!

I need SPEED!!!!
    Greasy, fast SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I really like Burgess Meredith. He is one of the greats.

FerrissWheel and MysticHZ Thank this.
  5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, no more speed until/after the 27th.

I just got a lovely pplan.
    Drive 120 miles to swap my clean mt for an mt that has so much trash in it that it can not be cleaned out at the location. A Georgia Pacific in AL.

I called my DM. He said to turn it down saying I already have an mt.
    If they resend it demand an extra $100 for the trouble.
    I told him that a hundred bucks may not be enough, since I have no idea of what trash is in that trailer. It has to be a lot if it won't fit in a dumpster at GP.
    He just laughed and said to respond however I want.

I am not a janitor nor a garbage man, and I will not be responsible for someone else's pre-loaded trash.
    For all I know, GP is responsible by using the trailer as a garbage bin.

DoubleO7, FerrissWheel and tazman74 Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Fargo, ND at the Petro.

I only have a few hours to work with tomorrow, so since I had no pplan I decided to take a 34.

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    A 34 hour reset in Fargo, ND ... checks bucket list. Nope. Not on it.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Nothing wrong with Fargo. A bit chilly tonight, but it should get a little warmer tomorrow.

One reason I chose to do a 34 was to avoid being given a load that picked up late tomorrow and would have made me drive overnight. I don't like to change my day schedule. And this way I'll have my whole 70 back.

I only had a few hours available tomorrow. Knowing what planners pull, they would have had me picking up at around 2200 on a 'hot load' that just had to get there asap.

9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Edwardsville, KS terminal.

Most of the loads recently have had some pretty high mt miles. At least 200 for the last 3 loads. Just wondering what is going on, especially here, that they don't have drivers closer for these loads.
    I'm not complaining. Empty pays the same as loaded; it has just seemed a bit odd.
    And I'm not waiting for pplans either. I usually get them the day before I deliver (or come off a 34...)

So now I'll be headed for Lakeville, MN, which is only about 20 miles south of where I live.
    This load had to be rescheduled 4 hours later for delivery because it was already late for delivery when I got here to pick it up.
    A t-called load from several days ago, and no drivers available around here?

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I picked up a trailer this morning at Clearwater Paper in Lewiston, ID.
    It was missing a mud flap and the bracket was bent down at about a 30 degree angle. Not sure how one does that, considering it is 1/4" steel.
    Luckily the terminal was only 4 miles away. He had to use a hydraulic jack and a torch to get it straight.
    I had my speed set up to 65 while I was there.
    Total time in the shop was 1 hour and 10 minutes. They dropped everything else to get me done quickly.

So, thank you jerk of an inconsiderate driver for leaving me with a problem trailer.
    I would have bypassed the terminal and still be at 62, with a much longer wait at any other terminal I might have gone to.

Heck, since this load is 1700 miles I'll probably make up that time with the higher speed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.