Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I could refinance the truck and go somewhere else to get better money, but I'm lazy and that would require effort on my part. Other than that, I've gotten used to the system and how to manipulate it and really don't want to start over at a different company.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    If you are used to the system and can manipulate it to your liking, why go anywhere else?
    Best of both worlds...

FerrissWheel and jenziedk Thank this.
  4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    FINALLY!!!

I've been stuck running north and south through CA, OR and WA for the past couple weeks, and I'm sick of it.
    My next load is going to Caspar, WY, and I am SOOOO glad!

I really hate getting stuck in the same area for very long.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  5. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Think your onto something there moose.

I know there's alot of musical chairs going on.

Anyway, for once I'm shut down in lovely Baker CA. Cause I had to grab an extra load and it messed everything up. Oh well.

I always hated I5

6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And after Casper I'm bouncing right back to CA.
    A can load from Worland to Commerce, CA. I like have a very light load with all the hills between, but I do not like SoCal.

Luckily I'm due a home time in a couple days in Denver, so I have a good excuse for turning anything down that doesn't get me there.

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well I got my load home, but then a snag.
    I had to shut down near Victorville, CA because of high winds, so I won't deliver this load in time to pick up the one getting me home.

And it's hard to tell exactly what wind speeds I'll be going through. The CA websites are not as good as places like WY that give a lot more information. Even weather radio doesn't give that information, just general stuff.
    The road signs just say 'High Winds Ahead', but no indication of how high those winds are.
    But as I was getting back on I-15 in Barstow I was nearly blown over by a gust. The trailer was tipping and feeling very light, like it was being picked up.
    And I'm light as it is, at only 8k in the box with a load of empty cans.

8. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Moose, take a look at www.wunderground.com/maps, Weather Underground, maps page for the severe weather map that shows conditions by county. If you look at the fronts map you'll see a cold front dropping south where you are and closely spaced isobars which indicate very strong winds. That area is notorious for strong winds and that front will make it worse however the winds usually settle down an hour or two before sunrise. Good idea to shut down.

Frank

FerrissWheel and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    On my last Swift load ...

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, you know me... I'm a chicken when it comes to weather.
    Thanks for that link.

I had to call my youngest daughter tonight to let her know that I probably would not be there in time for her concert Thursday night because of these winds.
    It is seldom that I can get a home time at the right time for special school events with my kids, and I (we) was really hoping this would work out.
    Oh well.

11. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Oak Grove 70 picking up in Lee’s Summit, MO in the morning for a run to the border.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.