Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    I definitely love the Western States. After living in Tacoma from the time I was about 30 until I moved back east, about 13 years later, I miss the West Coast and the Pacific Northwest.

NJ is definitely not an easy place to live. I grew up here so I can adjust back into it pretty easily but it is definitely not the relaxed US West. I'll post more about this in my thread.

Good to hear from all of you and see everyone is well. I love checking back into these posts and living a little vicariously through you guys and gals.

FerrissWheel, A21CAV and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Swift, Inver Grove Heights.

After wasting all afternoon on a load that did not exist - it was a duplicate load and the real load was already picked up - I was sent a pplan that picked up here. I'm headed to WA.

I have never seen this place so jam packed full before. Many of the trailers are blocked in, and there is no place to move trailers around to get free.

Mine is in the aisle with one in front that is blocking me from hooking up. I'm not leaving until morning so I'll wait and see how things are at that time. At least I only have 1 trailer to move out of the way. I just hope I can find a place to put it. If I'm lucky it will be gone.

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Salinas, CA at the Pilot.
    I finished my load at 1100 this morning. It is now 1930 and still no pplan. I guess freight is low around here.

This place is a bit nuts. It has gone from being totally full and backed up 3 deep at the fuel lanes to almost nothing a couple times since I have been here.
    Hopefully, when I am due to leave, I won't have to wait half an hour just to pull out.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Looks like freight is slow around here.

I was sent a pplan with a planners note saying that there is no freight this weekend so they are planning sitting drivers for Monday pickups. So I'll be sitting until Monday morning.

Not a bad load, about 1900 miles going to MN. A bit too much time on it, but I'm glad to be getting out of CA and the western states.

6. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Somewhere in Kentucky delivering in Memphis on Monday. Then begins the h3llraising over being booted from accelerated pay because some moron in Phoenix didn't finish processing a BOL that I scanned in on March 28th.

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Sometimes there is something wrong to cause them not to be able to process it.

I'm expecting it to happen to me in the near future.
    The guard at the receiver copied a BOL, and the copy he gave me was mostly black. lines. That was all I had to scan in, and it was mostly unreadable. Hasn't caught up to me, yet, and it has been a few weeks.
    Sometimes the scan gets lost in transit and they never get it.
    At least once I mixed up a number on the scan cover sheet, so it was my fault.

If you can figure out the problem and/or re-scan the info, you will be back to accelerated pay.
    If you can not do so, you will have to scan in 20 trips on time to get back on.
    And it will suck big time if you deliver a large load on a Wednesday and can't get it scanned in on time. But then, we do have the phone app to help with that now.

8. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    After the second time a few years ago I set a Wednesday reminder in my phone to check for accelerated pay status. So far I've caught a half dozen or so that would have had me fubar. Also, I use the app to scan paperwork while I'm waiting for the five minutes to burn off my logs after I send my e-call. Makes it easier to check.

Frank

9. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I sent it in again with the confirmation receipt from the first time. Will be Monday before they get it fixed anyway.

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I'm an old guy and don't really trust that app.
    I tried to use it once and got nowhere. As I was trying to line it up on the screen, it took the shot. It was all out of whack. And trying to do multiple pages? I think I am not cut out for phone apps for most things.

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The confirmation makes no difference. They do not even care about that.
    If they say it is missing, and you can send it again, that is your only option.

The last time I was booted off accelerated pay was when I dropped my trailer for a live unload.
    Those were my instructions... drop the trailer and park on the side. In the morning hook back up and go - the paperwork will be in the back.

When I woke up in the morning my trailer was gone, and the paperwork with it. The place was closed for the weekend, so there was no one to give me a copy.
    It seems some jerk of a Swift driver snuck in overnight and took it, even though it was still assigned to me. Not sure who he talked to to get it reassigned to him.

That was in Salt Lake City.
    It seems he had to go through the terminal there, and that is where he got bit back. They red flagged the trailer for a brake problem, so he lost it.
    I found it there, but the paperwork was not there. It seems the jerk tossed it out at some point.

20 trips later I finally got back the status.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.