Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Ya, parking is great in CA.
    And the Walmart's are so friendly to truckers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    You probably mean Southern California. Parking is aplenty in Central and Northern California. I am local to LA so I know few hidden parking spots, but I still choose to park at terminal because I don’t want to get killed in the middle of the night.

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I never choose to stay at any terminal, period.
    I would rather pay for parking in Ontario than park at JV.

Never felt like I would get killed during the night, or while walking around, at any truck stop.
    No one has ever bothered me.

But I do need a Walmart to keep food in the truck. And there are few places in CA that I can do that unless I am bobtail.

5. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Everyone’s situation is different. My personal car is parked at JVCA so it’s advantageous for me to park at the terminal. Besides, I park under the bridge outside of JV terminal and the dirt field near Costco DC and still no tickets so far.

I didn’t say truck stop. I said hidden parking spots. Have you ever tried to park over night near City of Commerce or near Wilmington or LAX? I guess not, lol.

Like I said, you meant Southern California. I haven’t found a Walmart in Northern California which I have trouble with parking. Besides, only few small Walmart, which they do not own the parking lot, will harass you. Otherwise, I haven’t found any problem parking at Walmart. Which specific Walmart are you having parking problem? Inquiry minds want to know.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  6. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    They might have snuck you on the western 11 fleet. Might want to ask lol.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I did ask a couple weeks ago. Nope, it didn't happen, from what I was told.

8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Cottonwood pulled me in for a level 1 this afternoon.
    1 violation, a loose brake chamber at the mounting point on the trailer.

Not OOS, and I have a sticker on my windshield now.

I'll stop at the Phoenix Petro in OR tomorrow morning and call on-road to get it fixed before I drop it at Lowe's.

I have had 3 inspections so far this year. That is equal to the seven years prior combined.

Tolmie and Rugerfan Thank this.
  9. highway666

highway666 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    San Pedro, CA
    Was that question directed towards me? They literally keep sending me between CA, OR, WA and NV these past 3 weeks ever since I came back to CA for my home time. I’m sick of it. They told me a couple days ago that my truck was due to be traded in and the only place with available trucks is in Pheonix yet there still sending me loads to CA and NV. Back and forth, either from CA to WA or WA to CA.

10. kakk86

kakk86 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Virginia
    My home terminal is Richmond, VA and unless I have a hometime request in for somewhere out west I have never been west of 35.

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The 'planners' never seem to get us where we need to go when we are required to be somewhere.

Need a b service, you are planned around it.
    Need a bit inspection? Planned to avoid it.

If the planners can not see what we need to do, of what use are they to us?
    If I am required to do something, they should be able to see it when they bring up my data to plan me - and they SHOULD be planning me to get it done!
    My DM can see it on his screen when I call him... so why can't the planners?

I am a company driver, not O/O. If the company requires something, the planners should provide that without a fight from me to get it done.

I have let it happen, letting the time expire on a required service.
    If they don't care, neither will I.
    Then they HAVE to get me a load, or deadhead me, to get it done. It is a pain in the &^% for all concerned.
    So why not just plan things correctly in the first place? ???!!!!

It is NOT!!! my responsibility to get myself to a terminal for a required service or inspection by refusing all loads that won't get me there!
    But it IS the responsibility of SWIFT to route me correctly to get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolmie and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.