Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Yes, but I start out in MN. Just the odds of an eastern load from there used to be much higher.
    This year everything has had me going to the west. I'm really sick of it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    If you didn’t have family in other parts of the country you could join the GLR fleet (if there’s openings now). We deliver to the Costco in Burnsville all the time.

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Actually, most of the family is now moving to MN. My ex had a visit up there recently and she liked it there, so is moving. She will be there in about a week.
    Only our oldest daughter will remain in Denver, because she is stubborn.

Not sure what the GLR fleet is, but I probably would not want it. I like OTR and being able to move around the country.
    I don't want to be 'home' all that often, as the truck is my home. But I do want to get to different parts of the country - not just the west.
    A couple times I've been offered the Coke dedicated out of there, but no thanks. I like OTR too much.

But it seems that once the merger with Knight happened I've been confined to the western tenth of the country.
    That is not acceptable to me.

If it does not stop I'll change terminals to see if it makes a difference.
    I'd hate to do it because I really like my DM.
    And if that does not change things, I'll have to change companies.

5. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015

GLR is the Great Lakes Regional fleet but it’s basically Costco. Minneapolis loves Costco, I go there more than anywhere else. Second place would be Kansas City but we also service Omaha, St Louis, Indy, Wisconsin, Iowa, Fargo and Sioux Falls.

Maybe you’ve been to the Costco DC in Morris IL. That’s where the freight comes from. You picking up at Post in Northfield? That’s usually our back haul back to Morris.

Just a thought.

6. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Jurupa terminal.. Got done with orientation today. They have me a 17 kenworth 680. It's an auto so it take time to learn this.
    Took me about 45 minutes to transfer all my crap into this truck. Now it's been about 1.5 hrs and almost done putting it away. Of a set for 0800 tomorrow. Gave me time today to collect all the require stuff and put my personal stuff away.
    Ask to be put back on the western 11 fleet. So @Moosetek13 ... I take some of those western loads for you lol

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    That's what did it for me … Knight killed the Command program the day after closing and stopped using any broker freight at Swift … I gave it shot for a couple of months, but it just wasn't working … very happy where I am now. It's the type of company I always wanted to drive for.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Still too restricted. I want to run all over the 48.
    Not so much the far south or east or west, but pretty much every where else.
    Is that too much to ask?

I just really hate driving the same roads over and over and over again, time after time after time again.

9. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Moose, have you tried using Mac10 to ask the planners for a load east or wherever a day or so before you deliver? I've found that most planners will try to send loads the driver prefers that are more likely to be accepted.

Also, you might try putting in a hometime request to force them to move you where you want to go. I'd recommend Charlotte, NC (Decatur planning area) as it seems most of their loads go everywhere except west. I do get backhaul loads to Laredo which would be another good place to get to. Their cross border loads go all over the country. Just don't take my Georgia loads please.

You know the system, pal. Time to work it instead of it working you.

Frank

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  10. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Moose, freight from Laredo to Iowa is usually good, mostly John Deere loads. I tend to get backhauls out of Modine Mfg. in Trenton, MO back to Laredo. Something like 900 loaded miles each way. About 15k for the ones north and 36k for the ones back south.

How is retirement so far Frank? Have you found a good driver yet?

11. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Still getting everything lined up and I have a driver ready to go.

Frank

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.