Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    @Moosetek13 that's right. You started all this. Just kidding lol.
    Gonna pick this load up in Modesto and drive to terminal in sparks for my 10 hr break. Need oil and see if they can get that driveside mirror adjusted back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    What can I say???
    I'm a jinx.

But that accident I had allowed me to pick up this load when I wanted to. I had a nice short day today with time to relax, with plenty of time for on time delivery.
    The way it was planned was just plain stupid.
    Amazon and UPS seems a marriage made in hell. Oh, with Swift as the third strange something in the mix.

And here at the truck stop it is Drivers Day today and tomorrow.
    Some free food, and really great BBQ hot dogs.
    I tell ya, God is watching out for me. For some odd reason. Moves in mysterious ways, for sure.

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    I recommend all company drivers take a look at Twisted Truckers Facebook page and specifically at a post from about 8pm central time tonight. Its a screen shot of a message to Knight drivers regarding high idle times where driver's jobs are threatened.

If you believe the smarmy liars at Knight regarding "nothing will change" and "each entity will continue to be managed separately" I strongly recommend you look up the word, "naivete" where you might find your picture.

Frank

Tolmie Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I'm idling right now.

If they do not want high idle times they can provide other means to stay cool.
    If not, they will be very short on reliable drivers, or any drivers.

Oppression is a very bad choice to rely on.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Swift and Knight choose not to install APU's because they deem it cost ineffective because they get rid of the truck before it can be.

So be it.

Then, they should accept the cost of idling as a normal business expense - because it is!

A21CAV Thanks this.
  7. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Moose, I completely agree. As far as APUs are concerned they could order the trucks, all leased from the manufacturers, with APUs installed. However they choose to save a few dollars on the backs of their drivers with harrassment, threats and intimidation to reduce their fuel costs.

When I was still a company driver (2012) I was at Lancaster and had just received a threatening message on my QC about my idle percentage. I went to a nearby Home Depot and bought a six pack of cheap padlocks. I waited until lunchtime when the bosses would be at the trough slopping and shut off and locked the service disconnects on the condensers.

It was a 100°+ day and it only took 15 minutes for sweaty office drones to start coming outside. I didn't have to say a word as the drivers started in on them about if we couldn't use AC they shouldn't either. As I recall, there weren't any more idle messages until the following summer.

Frank

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    JOHNQPUBLIC and Tolmie Thank this.
  8. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Got here for my 8 pm live load and they said they don't live load swift. It's all preloaded. Said my trailer still being loaded and probably won't be ready for couple of hours. Gave me his number to call and said for me to park on The street which is a no parking zone
    So I guess it's a live anyways. Kind of lol

9. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I was at Pilot in Quartzsite, AZ and saw a Knight driver with shirt off and almost naked and not idling his truck. He was there doing his break. It was about 110 degrees. Maybe he was under performing and needs to improve his score.

At Knight terminal, there is a TV screen which displays your idle percentage and your truck’s fuel mileage. I guess they use this to shame under performers.

Knight’s pay is less than Swift now, with weekly $850 gross. If you are new and need the experience, I understand. Why would anyone wants to stay at Knight is just mystery.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  10. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I think Knight is trying to make CR England look good.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  11. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    You do know that you work for Knight-Swift Transportation, right? What they do to their drivers now they will eventually be doing to all "Swift" drivers. Swift Transportation doesn't exist since the Knight takeover.

Frank

Tolmie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.