Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I am in Phoenix Flying J right now and I plan to idle until I wake up tomorrow. It’s 77 degrees but feels like 85. I think they are going to fire me soon. (I use 10lb weight on trailer break handel so I can continuously idle)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Sparks terminal. Got here around 0230 this morning
    Woke up atou.d 0730 and put truck into shop since I have until 2100 tomorrow nite to .ake delivery in Boise id.
    They had it out by noon. Got everything fixed.
    Now waiting for my 10 to be up at 1230 to head to my fuel stop at t/a in Boise. Dl said he will try and see if I can tcall this load at the dropyard in boise.
    I don't think it will happen but who knows

4. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Love's in Monroe, Michigan to the Ford parts DC in Memphis, Tennessee on Tuesday night. 725 miles with one stop for my break, pulled in with 4 minutes left on my 11. Call it a tribute to Burt Reynolds, I had to get it there for payroll.

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    UPS made me take an mt so I had to go to the terminal to drop it before heading home.
    While there I spoke with the FM and she transferred me to Inver Grove. So hopefully no more west coast only.

6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Went in for a chat with my new DM. She seems pretty cool. She got me a load to Columbus, OH when I get back from home time. No west coast run this time.
    And probably not much in the future. She does not like her drivers running in the west, or the far NE.

7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Why wouldn’t she try to keep drivers running in parts of the country they like instead of dictating to them where to run?
    I understand freight sometimes doesn’t allow that but seems like she would want to keep her drivers happy.

8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It didn't seem like that.
    Most of them do not like running CA or the NE.
    She has 2 drivers that like the run between Laredo and SoCal and she has no problem with that. But they do tend to get stuck in the far west once they get there.

She isn't trying to keep drivers from where they like, just the opposite.

radioshark Thanks this.
  9. kakk86

kakk86 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Virginia
    White’s Travel Center/Petro in Raphine, VA. Off duty drove here after dropping at Target in Stuart’s Draft. Deadhead to Chesapeake then I’m off to a Walmart DC near Syracuse.

This Walmart Blitz is easy miles, but my truck is taking a beating from bobtailing in the Northeast so much. Both aero hubcaps on the passenger side have broken brackets and one of the aero fenders on the drivers side is also broken. I’m going to see if a shop will just remove the rest of the aero kit before it inevitably breaks off.

10. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Lewiston terminal. Delivered that winco load I. Boise last nite. Showed up around 8 and left at minute. Drove down to that truck parking down the street to do my 10. Wasn't gonna drive all nite.
    Woke up to a Pre plan that I was gonna accept but was taken off. The dial in app is not alerting me of preplans. Well... at least my phone isn't.
    So drove down to t/a to use restroom. Got this load that picks up down the street tomorrow morning ( Pre plan said 09/23 00:01. Was gonna ignore it but just countered with a 8 am pick up. Delivered in Milwaukee or the next morning at 0700. Approved my way so drove here to the terminal for the night.

11. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015

Whites Travel Center? ####, you must be old school. They changed the name of that place a loooooong time ago. Unless they still have an old sign hanging around somewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.