Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Sat here all day yesterday at the pilot in south bay fl.waiting for a load.
    Finally sent me one around 5pm.
    Picks up in Larson sc at 1700 today and delivers in Carlisle pa to.orrow at 1630.
    Told dm I better be going back west or south after delivering.
    Hope the weather is nice like he claims lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Anybody want to pull a shiney new 19xxxxx trailer, there's a crap load of the at Floor and Decor in Bloomingdale, GA ...

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Are you asking for layover pay? That sounds like you had at least 24 hours of down time.

5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I'm just south of Indianapolis at a Pilot. I picked up a load in KY going to a Walmart DC in IL.
    Nice and light at less than 8K. Pillows or something.
    2 pplans were turned down because I wasn't sure how long the live load would take, so I didn't know exactly what my PTA would be. Both were Costco loads out of Morris.
    Glad I did. After I was on my way another pplan came in that was twice the miles and going to NH. Another Walmart DC, but a live unload delivering on the 2nd.
    I haven't been out that way in a couple years, so that'll be a nice change of pace.
    And since my home time is set for 12/5 in MN they won't be able to keep me on the east coast.

6. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Made a delivery that morning. So won't get it.

7. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    St mathews sc at a pilot.
    Shipper was a bit of a mess.
    Guard just handed me a bunch of bols. I said what's this? He said tour loaded trailer.
    I said how you know where I am Going?
    Wrong trailer number was on the paperwork. So I took it and went to the office.
    They said the trailer number I had left yesterday
    The last remaining trailer was going to same place. So called dm who notified csr.
    Got the go ahead to take it. Did a pretrip. And they didn't have doors fully closed. Whole top part was not hooked. So that took time to get fixed. Had a hard time finding the guy to get it fixed.
    So made it here with 15 minutes to spare. Wanted to get under 600 miles to final. Now it's 584 from here.
    Did 620 miles today and besides being a cood one was a nice drive.

8. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    In St. Augustine, FL @ the J.

Dropped in Orlando and was offered a garbage load with 304 empty and 305 loaded miles which brought me right back to FL, I turned it down. Then the planner messages me to say that there is no loads out of Florida. 25 minutes later I get a preplan with a preloaded trailer 45 miles away in Deland headed to Atlanta with a drop, THAT ONE I took.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It's funny how sometimes 'no loads' become something much better.
    It's like when I get stuck on the east or west coast and told there are no loads other than that, until I have an impending home time request and turn down a couple loads.
    Then, like magic, there is one getting me right to home.

I think the planning zones are too localized. Once you get into an area the local planners don't want to let you out - if you are a decent driver.

Swift should have a just single building just for planners, smack in the middle of the country.

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Been there, done that at CRE .. It sucks.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  11. kakk86

kakk86 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Virginia
    Started out from home time with a three stack of loads, Chesapeake, VA to Allentown, PA to Keasby, NJ to Chicago. All have either been late already or scheduled within 1 hour of the possibility of being on time. I was sent another load yesterday that needed to go 430 mi in 7.5 hours that was marked JIT. No thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.