Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    I think so too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Parowan, UT @ the TA.
    I delivered early this morning (1:00 am) @ the Smith's DC in Layton. No lumper and they had me out of there in 90 minutes. I thought I needed to pay for reserved parking @ the J in Ogden but managed to find a spot. Didn't make it to bed til 3:30 am and was awake @ 9:00 am. That and the fact I was stuck there til 12:45 pm is the reason I HATE late night/early morning deliveries.

On my way to Ontario, CA with a load of Walmart recycleables. Managed to score some cheap fuel @ the Walmart DC in Corinne.

4. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Jurupa terminal.
    Trucks finally out of the shop. Waited all day pretty much for the water/fuel filter to be replaced. A half hour job .
    Got here Monday around 10 am and truck didn't get in shop for 50k service till Wednesday. That took 4 hrs
    Anyways back to work tomorrow morning. No preplan yet

5. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Ahh fun at JV. They can mess up a cakewalk.

Just dropped my truck off for a 90day and got a loaner to continue the turnaround there.

I'm in Vegas. Had a driver try to remove my hood twice today on 15NB. Other than that all quiet on the Western front.

No knowledge of new saftey rating.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Tracy, CA.

A 4.5 hour unload left me with no hours and very tired at 0030. I didn't really feel like an 18 mile drive to the terminal so I just parked here at Safeway. I hate this place.

7. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Paramount ca. At Ralph's dc.
    Picked this load up at jurupa terminal and had a 1300 appt time.
    Got here 2 hrs early since there was no traffic and guard said took early
    Asked where I could park since signs all down the street no parking for commercial trucks.
    Said there's a food4less and target 10 minutes away down the street
    He sends drivers there.
    So I went there and about 45 minutes b4 I could come back, sheriff kicks the 4 trucks plus me out of the street. Parked .5 mile from here till about quarter till.
    Now it's 2 hours after my appt time and still hasn't started. Guy came out and said to.move 9 doors down since they have no room
    10 minutes later trailer is shaking. About time lol.
    Have a preplan that picks up in Colton anytime today going to Lebanon or. Dm said I have till Monday to get it there. Should be there sometime sumday.

8. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    There’s a video about it now on front page. Main points are now you will have two scores, one that focuses on administrative type things and another one which focuses more on crashes which will be the main focus. This will include things like drive cam videos. Starts on January 1st and everyone’s current score will start over on that date. Another big change is that events will only last for 90 days, not a full year like it is now. Didn’t fully understand it all to be honest. I’m sure once it’s up it will be pretty self explanatory.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It sounds like they are adding a second scoring system that will let them nit pick a bit more.

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Another announcement I just saw was that CA drivers (residents or assigned to a CA terminal) will be out of the accelerated pay program because of new CA regulations.

Just another reason I'm glad I switched terminals.

11. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    I read that.
    Good ole California b.s. for me lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.