Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Sometimes it pays to wait.

First pre-plan was for a pallet load to Knoxville, TN. Turned it down citing "hometime Phoenix".

Then about an hour ago I get a message from my DM telling me to do a Mac 30. On the way to my truck my DM calls to tell me about the load they had just sent me which is for a Target to Target load that drops at the DC in Phoenix. Of course I took it. A bit over 1800 miles by Friday, take the weekend off then back out to finish the week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Fort Bridger wy at the t/a
    Delivered that load in billings yesterday morning. Then got sent to load to pick up in colony wy this morning. Going to red bluff for Friday hopefully. Have to get thru some storms and snow along the way
    Drove to shipper last night nd did my ten in their empty trailer lot. Was first in line this morning.
    Got pulled in at port of entry in Casper wy. For a level 3 inspection. The b.o.l. number didn't match but he let me go with a clean slate.
    Called dm and let them know and she said I have to use the number in the dispatch not on the paperwork. She said number suppose to match. Didn't know. Been doing it all wrong since I started with swift. Lol
    According to national weather service. Reno gonna have damaging winds from the 16 to the 18 with snow.
    Can't wait till I get out of this freezing crud

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Those numbers seldom match the actual BOL. Sometimes the PO number matches, and very often none of the numbers match except for picking up the load.

I always put the actual BOL number in my loaded call.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  5. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Greenwood, LA @ the Pilot. Easy pickup this morning and no drama on today's drive.

6. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Wells nv at the petro.
    Woke up with snow coveted lot at the t/a in fort Bridger wy.
    Freeway wasn't any better. Going 50 mph and truck slid to the left. Ended up in the middle of the 2 lanes b4 getting it straight. Picked moment for sure.
    Slowed down to 40-45 mph rest of day to doc terminal. Took the 84 since it was a flatter road.
    Had to get window replaced and they said I had 2 recalls. Recalls went quick.
    Window guy not so much.
    Ended up being there for 4 hrs.
    Drove here for the night. 574 miles to final.
    Electronic sign said 80 was closed to all traffic at the Calif. Border.
    Since load doesn't have to be delivered anytime.e friday, I might stay here and leave Friday morning. Let the weather blow over me hopefully.
    Surprises me how fast drivers drive in these conditions I dealt with this morning. Only saw a tanker in the left ditch laying against the center decided.

7. kakk86

kakk86 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Virginia
    Eloy, AZ at the Petro. Had been sitting in Calexico since Sunday morning waiting for a load to come across border. It never made it and I finally got the load removed. Got this short trip from Calexico to Casa Grande. No preplans yet but Phoenix was 30 loads short today so not surprised.

8. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Sparks nv at the terminal.
    I80 closed for trucks st the Calif border.
    So left wells nv this morning to get here.
    Called here before I left to see how weather was. He said good.
    Had off and on rain from the start and strong winds after passing mill city nv.
    Talked to guy at dispatch window asking why it was closed. Weather here was nice.
    He showed me the web cam there and freeway was all snow covered. But they are letting 4 wheelers thru.
    Last nite when I checked all vehicles were stopped from passing

9. kakk86

kakk86 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Virginia
    Phoenix terminal. I've never seen it so empty. There are trailers here from Schneider, Werner, JB Hunt, Knight, Legend, Western Express, UPS, Estes and some others. Also a lot of Tex intermodal.

10. kakk86

kakk86 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Virginia
    Jurupa Valley terminal. First time here. Havent been missing much by the looks of it.

11. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Corning ca at the loves
    I80 finally ole med up this morning over dinner pass.
    Some guys at the sparks terminal had sat for 3 days waiting for it to open.
    Chain law was lifted after 1030.
    Spent about 1hr 45m in line for the weigh station and agriculture check point.
    Made the delivery to Wal-Mart dc in red bluff and came here for the nite.
    Hope not to see anymore of that white crap for awhile lol
    Btw... just checked my elogs and it took me
    6 hrs on driveline to go 278 miles.
    Not very good on.my hours today

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.