Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    So Swift recruiter calls me about a local so cal driving job for $1150 a week. I don’t know. Have you think about it? These OTR regional short run loads, I think you are getting shafted.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    If he cut the seal without checking in and just backed it up to the dock that would be a service fail. At least if Swift found out about it.

Costco always cuts the seal unless they tell you to do it which is rare.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  4. Tolmie

Dec 22, 2017
    I went to the Costco DC Salt Lake City and after they check the seal and you are in the DC, you can cut the seal yourself before you dock. But then this was 2 years ago.

5. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Tr
    True, at the DC they’ll just check it at the guard shack but at the store they almost always will cut it themselves. There’s a barcode on the seal that they enter into the computer on the loading dock.

Tolmie Thanks this.
  6. Tolmie

Dec 22, 2017
    True. Picked up a bunch of these loads out of Costco DC in Sumner WA for various stores and they always check the seal and cut it before taking the loads. My favorite part is, sometime there is an empty trailer around the store and I just ask for drop and hook and before they realized it, I am already gone. Don’t even have to wait for live unload lol.

7. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Finally got unloaded around 9 past nite. Had 1.5 hrs left so I just stayed at Costco.
    Almost was asleep when winds picked up. Thought someone hit me at first.
    Woke up to 30 mph winds.
    Drive to.petro by speedway and winds wasn't blowing hard.
    Forecasting 25 to 40 mph thru to cedar city ut.
    Stopped at loves for a few and now parked at a truck parking area of i15.
    Stronger crosswords here.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Dm says Lancaster terminal was closed due to winds.

Tolmie Thanks this.
  8. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Starting on the 18th you’ll be able to set an appointment for your service by email in advance so when you get there you don’t have to wait. Details on the portal. Hope this works as planned.

Tolmie Thanks this.
  9. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Funky made it to cedar city to get this load. Drove back to flying j here in mesquite nv for my 10.
    Have a 1500 appt tomorrow in Los Angeles .
    Winds are still blowing but not as bad as earlier

Tolmie Thanks this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    That all assumes we will know when and where we will be on a given date.
    Even scheduling it for a planned home time is dubious.

How much advance notice do they need is another question I have, because it also states that the shop may be too busy to schedule when we request it.

We all know how well planners respond to the messages we get day after day for a b-service or bit inspection, or any other time sensitive thing we are required to do.
    I don't know how many times I have turned down loads with the reason that I need to get to a terminal for something, and it is simply ignored by the planners until I am actually on hold.
    Do you think that they will actually get you to a certain place at a certain time for your scheduled service?

Tolmie Thanks this.
  11. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Yeah, I hear you. I had the same questions. What if you don’t have a reservation? Will it just be a lost cause since they are already booked up? We’ll see what happens. I’m still hoping it works though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.