Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Hmm... I thought entering 0 would be a no-brainer for 'I need fuel ASAP', but I guess the programmers don't think thataway.

I usually just get it down into the red and find a Pilot or Flying J, then call a DM and say I need fuel here and now.

I am currently just north of Atlanta, GA at a privately owned Flying J.
    No Denny's and no Flying J coffee here.

This is a fun load, so far.
    I accepted it with few remaining hours on my 70, so I'm having to sit for over a day until I get hours back.
    I accepted it with no scheduled delivery date/time, and still have none tonight.

My fuel tanks were nearly mt when I picked it up, so I called a DM at Fontana to get me a fuel stop - because I was never sent a fuel route.
    He was having trouble with the system and couldn't get it to generate a fuel route. I was told to find a fuel stop and call back.
    So I did that. The next DM couldn't get the system to generate the fuel stop, and I had forgotten the ComData code (should have written it down).
    So I go back in and write down the code.
    I call back and get a 3rd DM, and he was able to generate the fuel route - with the fuel stop at the Pilot I was at. So I finally got fuel.

And to top it off, when I picked up the trailer the landing gear was broken. When I started to crank it up, only the right side lifted.
    The bar that connects the left side is broken.
    I was able to turn it by hand and raise it, so I was able to drive. But now I need to get something fixed that the last driver should have done.
    Since I'm stuck here all day tomorrow I figure it is a good time to call on-road.

I told one of the DM's that I was out of hours at the end of today and wouldn't be able to deliver the load until late morning on the 31st.
    I suggested I t-call it in Decatur, but he said just to hang with it until I actually got the delivery date/time and Mac 22 it if need be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Got as far as Hesperia, CA with 70 miles to go so tomorrow at 6am I'll be joining the morning commuters into the L. A. basin toilet bowl. The Pilot was a jammed up mess so I grabbed coffee and went north a few miles to the Motel 6 I stayed at before. Do y'all know you should ask for the billboard rate when you go to Motel 6? It's $20 cheaper plus we get a CDL driver discount.
    Frank

4. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    here is Satsuma, AL. What a day trying to get a load heading back west for home time. From Atlanta they tried to send me to NC, and then to MS for the 31st. If not home time then these loads would have been great for the end of the week. Finally got one from GA to Houston. At least heading that way now. Lets see what happens on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday. Looks like to get there on Friday I am going to really have to push for 2.5 days.

You mention fuel solutions, here is one that is just out and out wrong. Put in 2/8 this morning, 100 gallon tanks, and was sent my load. DH 50 then ldd 800, Houston, and my fuel stop, Houston. I could not have even done that with 1/2 tank.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  5. MicaBay

MicaBay Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Idaho, North
    Cheyane WY, going to Bosie, then turning my truck into PhX for a new one

6. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Buckeye, AZ at the TA. My delivery in Phoenix got rescheduled from this afternoon to noon tomorrow while I was enroute after the first stop in Montebello. Traffic going in this morning was really surprisingly light. Anyone going in to L. A. in the next two weeks and running the 605 freeway will have problems; it's being closed tonight for two weeks. Yikes!

Went past the accident scene from yesterday near Tonopah. It was a sad feeling seeing how a fraction of a second would have made that family witnesses to a bad truck wreck rather than the victims of one.

If anybody is going to be near the Phoenix hive tomorrow or Wednesday let me know. I will have less than 14 on my 70 with no time rolling until Wednesday night so I may shut it down tomorrow for a 34 reset early. Haven't decided, just really bummed right now. I will be talking to the leasing used car salesmen tomorrow in advance of consulting with several of you before I make my buy/lease decision.

Frank

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  7. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    tried to send you a PM, you are over your quota for stored messages. Clean some space out. Jeeeeeeez. Darn Old Farts

8. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Emptied everything.

9. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Looks like stuck in Houston. Sent a pplan, same as the offers from MAC 30 that I was getting, Houston to Laredo. Not in the direction of home for the 3rd. Trying to get me to either stay out longer or planners in PHX just not looking at home time requests. My DM was already gone for the day when I received it. Also no mt trailer since mt at Home Depot, no pplan, no mt. If I would have seen a back up from Laredo to Fontana, then I would have taken it, but the hours are getting close again and not taking a chance.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  10. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    At the Lancaster terminal, drove 650 miles today to get here.

Mileage has climbed up to 6.8 which isn't too bad for 79,580 lbs on a run that started in West Virginia. It would be better but I was forced to idle for about 5 hours last night and will definitely be forced to idle all night tonight. It's 105 as I type this, that's hotter than it is at home near Phoenix.

Headed for Laredo tomorrow for my first stop then onto Brownsville on Thursday.

11. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    I will be in houston tommorrow afternoon...let me know if you catch anything out of there.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.