Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    After two nights in the hotel I woke up early today to make sure my truck is processed into the Freightliner shop. Just got a call from the shop that they found coolant in the exhaust. I'll be here at least another day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Kicking back on a 34 at the TA in Greencastle, PA. Most of yesterday's ice buildup has fallen off of the truck; the front of the mirrors had over an inch of ice from running through the storm.

I'm about to go in and abuse the buffet, something I haven't done in quite a while. I generally go in about a half hour before dinner, so I get it for the lunch price. :)

4. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    :D

Nothing like a good winter storm to amp the calories... been catching up on movies, football, and phone calls with my family while waiting for my truck to get repaired. I'm doubtful they will have it ready tomorrow. Sounds like at the least the head gasket was blown.

5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Willington, CT. First time that I have paid to park in a very long time. So tired from the traffic today, did not care. I was thinking about the Peelot in MA, but doubt that there would be a spot there. Now will have to push in the morning to get to ME, drop and reload and then try and make West Jefferson, OH by Wednesday evening for this weeks pay. First time that I have ever seen on a Target load comments, can reschedule for early del at my request. Even when DM saw it, could not believe it. Stopped and topped off the tanks on the NJTP, $3.68/gal. Not paying $4.02 in MA and ME. Might just top off again on the NYTP over in Seneca at the reservation, along with some cigs.

OOPs, my bad. $3.68 and on the reservation, already looked, $3.73 in NY

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    $3.38 a gal wow, cost $3.39 at the Loves in Tehachapi just for regular unleaded, diesel is running about $4.05 I think it was

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Denver, CO for some home time to see my girls.

I was late for my delivery already because of the ice storm, and as I rolled into CO I started losing power on hills.
    So I pulled in to the TA in Limon, opened the hood, and sure enough my fuel filter was full.
    I called on-road and it took 30 minutes on hold before anyone answered. I explained the problem and she set me up to get the filter replaced.
    I waited another hour to get it in to the shop, and they only had one of the two filters - the one under glass on the right side..
    The other one would take another hour to get there, so I told him just do the one. It seems to be the one that gets clogged most often, anyway.
    So he did, and it's running fine again.

It may be related, or not, but yesterday I put some anti-gel stuff in the tanks at my last fill-up.
    First time I've ever used it, but since the truck will be sitting several days here in Denver I though it might be prudent.

8. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    got a prepan to p/u a tcall load in mira loma term going to tracy ca for a 0600 delivery tomorrow. went to dispatch a load wasn't there yet. guy didn't show up till approx 1030. at lathrop term watching mnf. only 9 miles from final.

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    squeak ... pro tip. I stayed at Willington about 3 weeks a ago. If you do the advance reservation, you pay that instead of the parking and it's cheaper.

10. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    got the best buy delivered this morning. planners sent me same preplan 3 times. jit load and said to p/u as soon as possible and we'll let you know what to do with it lol. was to be delivered in pheonix at 0200 tomorrow morning. finally got a load out of lathrop ca going rto calixeco ca. can be delivered anytime b4 2300 tomorrow. will try and get it down there tonite

11. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I was told this morning my truck won't get repaired for another two days. Bad injector O rings, fuel in the coolant and vice versa. Now after spending time in the hotel since Saturday night I'm getting a bus ticket to go get another truck and will need to come back here to collect all my stuff out of this truck, need to take only the essentials in a couple duffle bags. Fun times...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.