Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Denver, CO on home time.

My oldest young daughter is living with her great-grandparents in Colorado Springs now.
    This home time was perfect timing, as it provided the opportunity to see one of her school concerts - she is in the chorus. (I didn't even know she could sing before this, but it seems that she is really pretty good.)
    I was to be picked up by her current boyfriend, as well as her 2 sisters, but that fell through yesterday when the car broke down.
    I asked my ex if I could borrow her car to go, and she said yes. (She wasn't going because of issues between her and that daughter)
    So then I was supposed to meet Luana's boyfriend at a certain place so he could also go.
    Well, he was slack on timing, to say the least.
    It ended up with me and the 2 little ones leaving the boyfriend behind while on his train trip, just to get to Luana's concert in time.
    We got there about 15 minutes before the event ended, and just in time for their last 2 songs.

I'm glad we were able to make it.
    They sang beautifully, to say the least.
    It was a standing ovation event. And well deserved.

I have a couple days left, in which we are going shopping for the little ones' birthday and Christmas presents.
    And one of those days we are going to see Ender's Game - a movie I thought would never be made, but now one that I just HAVE to see.
    And Leann, my middle little one, after hearing about Ender - well, she wants ALL the books to read. And this is the first time she has ever expressed interest in any book to read!

dptrucker and inkeper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    let me know how that enders game turns out, I was interested in it.

Man what a day, I called last night at 22:30 to find out my loads, was told he would call me back since he was still working on stuff, got a call at midnight telling me I have to turn my truck in for an older one since the 2014 was "too expensive" for dedicated....they gave me a load to Valencia then over to Mira Loma for a different truck, I got to Valencia Target to find that my kingpin lock key wont work yet it worked the other day at a different target, called up the DM who then called the store to find the guy who has the spare key was not at work....so they sent a driver which I had to wait for about 30min who was passing through and his key worked so i got the trailers swapped etc, had to wait more time for a manager to come out to break the seal since I hauled a swing door today. Ended up at that Target for almost 2 hours total, hit the 210 with the worst traffic and every highway after that....

Ended up getting a 2012 cascadia, its in decent shape at least, took me about a hour to pack up the other truck and move over. I never realize how much I own until I have to move lol. I was supposed to get a load at Yussen in Long Beach then head back, got on the 60 to realize I totally forgot my #### blankets in the other truck so I turned around and went back, when stopping noticed my brakes felt funny and I was losing pressure so I got back to the terminal and found that my service line popped off, guess it was too tight and when I turned it yanked it so I stretched the spring and tried to fix the hoses that were all wrapped around each other in a mess. The planner said to just deadhead back to Shafter since getting a 10 sooner was more beneficial to him so I can run further tomorrow, heading to Manteca to drop a load then heading up to Stockton to get a Backhaul from general mills.

I felt like today was one of those days if something could go wrong it did....

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  4. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
  5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    delivered the load to dropyard in calixeco ca. then they sent me to huber ca to get an mt. been sitting now for 2.5 hrs with no preplan. alot of drivers in the area could be the reason

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Erie, PA. Took about 3.5 hours to get here from Buffalo. Serious Lake snow effect, white out and blizzard conditions. I was planning on being around Deleware, OH tonight so that I could drop this first thing in the morning. Looks like the start of a real crappy week.

7. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Plant still thinks he answered the 3 questions concerning my avatar correctly. He NAILED the first 2 but took a bye on the last one. Had he said "because you were an air traffic controller" (not the exact reason that photo means something to me) I would have declared him the winner.

8. SteveH85396

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    At the J in Limon, CO. Deliver in Parker, CO @ 4:00 am then who knows. Getting a bit tired of the single digit temps.

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    MAC 30 ... I got a bottle load out of Wheat Ridge loading tomorrow, 1 of 2 offered to me.

10. SteveH85396

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    I was offered a beer load to Salt Lake @ 3:00 pm then nothing since.

11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Forgot to say, upgraded from 8 to 13 speed, and my mpg has taken a dump. The other week a 6k load from PHX to Laredo, mostly tailwind, and about 7.5, and today, after replacing the fuel filters, at 6.1. Wonder if I need to add some additives or if the shop screwed up something when converting, or if when ECM was recalibrated something happened.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.