Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    p/u a load in san antonio tx at 1900 tonite going to marrietta ar. have all day tomorrow to get it delivered, so i'll see how far i get tonite. in mac 9, i said i be there at 1400 tomorrow. walked 2 miles to my bank to withdrawal some cash. should be enough till i can get home to get new debit card

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    lipton...shop mechanics should get off the computer and look and see if they see a problem. maybe thats why they can't find my coolant leak...puter not telling thewm where lol

4. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Fond du Lac, WI. Stopped at KW this morning and try and find out why the bad mpg. Hooked up to computer and said that everything is okay. They did find black residue on the rails which tells them that I got a bad batch of fuel somewhere, and all that will help, let it blow itself out, and the next time that top off, put in premium, which I did do later. Found out that up there in SD and MN, many places sell #2 but it is not winterized and I think that I found some of it, although I have been dumping in Howes the last 3 fill ups. Sent one pplan, DH 114 miles to pick up a load and del 300 miles Friday nite, 100 miles from the house. Get home 3 days early, but way to early. I would not have had enough miles to even cover truck expenses for the week. Then another pplan, pu 40 miles away Friday and deliver sometime Monday. No apt on it, and a live unload about 140 miles from my house. Was not going to sit on a 400 mile load for 3-4 days. It is not looking good at me getting home, at least paid, by Monday. If the planners would just do THEIR JOB and not let the computer run most of everything, well, key punch monkeys. With all of the terminals we have, how hard would it be to find a load going in a direction of a terminal and t-call, then get another one going south through Columbus and t-calling.

5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Does Swift ever do a dyno test? If so, which terminal does that?

Seems to me that would be something that any O/O would want to do if they are having any issues. Should be something Swift should invest in to prevent major mechanical issues as well. The more I see of these computer diagnostics rubber stamp "you're good to go" folks the less impressed I am. How can they really get to the bottom of the problem without putting a load on the engine?

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    When I first got my truck, I was sent to KW in PHX for a Dyno. Swift did not at the time, and I still think that they do not. KW did tell me today that they recommend that I get one as soon as possible. Then I can find out better what could be wrong. I have been getting lousy fuel mpg for over 3 weeks now. You would think that if bad batch of fuel, it would have already blown itself out by now, plus I have changed the fuel filters already.

7. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    Most likely its the EGR/DPF, messing with the mpg. That's why new trucks are hit or miss with mpg my freind got 2014 Kenworth. Won't get over 5.8. But hey god bless you TR's I could not do it. At pilot in Knoxville going to Memphis. Then home.

8. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Spokane, WA at the Petro. Deliver to a local Costco at 4:00am tomorrow morning then headed to Kennewick, WA for a load home.

9. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    load in san atonio was ready when i showed up at 1600. will try and get up to final tonite. sitting at a rest area off i-35 taking my 30 min break since i didnt have enough hours to drive straight thru. had called my dl and asked if i could pick up early. he called planners and they said it should be preloaded by 1600. thou the preplan said live load. thought it wouldnt hurt to show up early. and it paid off this time. left enough time just in case the final makes me wait till 0330 delivery time. dl said it had all day window for delivery.

10. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    arrived at dollar tree dc here in marietta ok at midnite. got trailer dropped and got an mt. ran over to valero gas/fuel station to do my ten.

11. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    well I woke up to a sheriff pounding on my door with his flashlight and he pointed to a parking ticket someone left me a couple hours earlier, apparently I chose a spot that was no truck parking, he said there was a sign posted and I told him i did not see a sign anywhere and to his reply "im sure you didnt" he told me to move up a couple hundred feet or park across the street, I went up and down the street looking for this sign he claims is posted but could not find it, I parked in a non red zone and away from any hydrants and a truck was parked in front of me but I guess he took off before the ticket master came around. I am going to try and fight it but probably no use, its $100 if I pay now or $200 if I pay past 21 days.

Got back to the dc a little late because of the 10, I ran 60mph the whole way and got it to the final 1 min past the time they gave me, went into my entrance to see it was a dead end right after the dock where they put poles up blocking the dock from the parking lot and only way to get it in was a blind. The guy who trained me said next time back in from the street at that location. There were 3 docks and the mt was in the middle so I just dropped my load and hooked to the mt then moved it over as far as I could next to the trash compactor which then gave me 2.5 docks worth of space to work into which made the blind a tad easier especially with the tight space to move around, you cant even set up for the blind correctly because you drive past a wall then its the dock and then the dead end a little further with a curb on the other side about 2 trailer widths worth. I think I got out and looked like 10 times during my backing on this one and I spent 40min total which is the longest I had to struggle so far, next time I will back from the street like he said and then its easy peasy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.