Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    didnt think I would get into an audio book but I have been hooked on one for the past 3 nights driving, listening to a Tom Clancy novel and its been making the drives seem a heck of a lot quicker. Planner at work loaned it to me which was left by one of the other drivers to share, another planner has tipped me on a series called Deathlands written by James Axler and there are over 100 books in the series he has written in over 25 years about post apocalyptic he was explaining so im going to try downloading the first few of the series.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    The E call is your empty macro at a customer. The T call is when you drop at the terminal. When you T call a load simply take the paperwork to the window and they will do all the work taking the load off of you. You do not need to do anything on the Q/C.

When it says it has already been done, that means someone, your DL or CSR, has already done the empty macro for you. A call to your DL is a good idea to verify all is good and you have a PTA you can live with.

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    El Paso, TX
    Shut down in Ocala Terminal last night and seem dead silent. Wasnt anyone in the lounge area. Waiting to see what my next load will be.

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LOL... Hostile takeover, you got that right! In the beginning we were assured that there would be 'no changes at this time'... So folks got comfortable and began thinking that things would run the same, especially as things (as far as the drivers could tell) ran pretty smoothly and efficiently.

Then we noticed (we as in Hubby and I) our DM was having 'Swift training' ... OK, some changes are coming ... Notices were sent that this yard was shut down, that terminal was no longer open ... Use this yard and that terminal now. Then speaking to OUR payroll clerk (at Central we had assigned payroll clerks... Which was nice... We got to know her, and her us.) we found out that her job was being terminated, unless she wanted to relocate to Phoenix. We would call other departments for info and they would basically say, we don't exist anymore, call Swift... So we did. Most were as helpful as they could be, but were in the same dark room as everyone else.

Discontent has blossomed in the drivers, the DMs ( DLs for you guys), back office personnel, shop techs etc... and the stink of it became unbearable for many!

Communication and training for ALL involved would have been nice... And to have done it BEFORE, not during the transition! Central has and will loose a lot of good people over this... And most likely customers too.

Sigh... But we're staying for a while... We have a goal in mind, and leaving at this time isn't part of that goal... It sure is frustrating though!!

6. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    You mean you are going to get out ... and look? :D :D :D

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Audio books are 'The Bomb'!! Another series that we love is The Iron Druid by Kevin Hearne!! HIGHLY recommend it! Written or audio... The narrator of the audio version does a great job. You will be surprised how far you get before you realize it!

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    With no TJ Maxx loads available this week my codriver and I decided to run one more round trip to Denver from LA, then get a B-service and take a few days off. We'll be back on Sunday night in Mira Loma, ready to roll on Monday.

Yesterday we got a t-call load from Mira Loma to Pueblo, CO... with the usual berserk fuel plan routing us up I-15, across I-70, then on US-50 over the Rockies to get to Pueblo. Eff that! We ran I-40 to Albuquerque and then up I-25. I ran the night shift and did the fuel repot at the FJ in Alb, then made delivery this morning. Just before I got to the Target DC we received a preplan picking up a load of cans in Golden to run back to LA. This should be a 6000 mile week for us as a team, with 3 round trips to the Denver area, so a full paycheck and then a few days home (first home time since Christmas for me).

9. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    madera ca...at the pilot. be here till my 1000 delivery tomorrow in fresno ca. drove 30 miles past exit so i can get a shower.

10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We will be driving through Kansas on 70 tonight... YAWN! Kansas is SO boring!!

11. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    lady k...good, it"ll be dark so you wont see much lol

Lady K Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.