Good or Bad??

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by Sid, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    If they aren't business minded and have a good aspect on goals, costs, how decisions this week may affect something next week, month, etc. then I doubt they have what it takes. It's not an easy thing to do. It's an everyday learning experience. A driver explained it to me like this once...."it's somewhat like the time you moved out of your parents house to be on your own" Nobody here is going to hold your hand. There is plenty of help, advice, etc. But a person has to want it to make it.

BigCountryChef Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jarbo

Jarbo Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, Texas
    very true.

i just looked at the pics of janskitty's truck:biggrin_25513:

honestly, she cant manage her laundry. not trying to be mean but were those "clean"? how can she expect to run a business when it appears the laundry was kickin her butt?:biggrin_25526:

4. superroo1

superroo1 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2010
    tacoma wa
    hi runningonempty
    just a short note have been following your letters and think you have a great idea of whats going on have been looking for a good company that takes pets as i will not leave my furball at home there is just the two of us now and can not think of runniong the road without her am inexperianced but hope to be able to join up with JCVT when i have the OTR time in thanks fior all the great info
    The supperro

5. OKLAHOMA-COWBOY

OKLAHOMA-COWBOY Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2010
    WAGONER OK
    I repeat do not drive for jct! U will regret it ... I worked there and have had friends tht have worked there .... This ought to tell u something.. Have u noticed the trk number s start off l thn the number ,,,, tht means its only been leased 1 time... Ok now do u ever see trk s with number like l thn the number with a letter after it like l 1313a l1314b l1315c!! Every letter after the trk number means how manytimes tht trks been leased theres all kinds of trks over there with trk number s having letters high as f over there...... Tht means it s been leased alot of times......the bad thing is thm trk s are pretty new ,, to me tht anet good..... If u tell thm no on loads cause ure out of hrs thy will punish u and sit u not just 1 day but 2 or 3... By the time u get tht trk paid for if u do it will be wore out ......trust me yea there nice to u un tell u buck thm and say u cant do something for thm as long as u kiss there butt,,,, thyll be happy.... Trust me guys ive worked there got plenty of phone number s u can call tht will vouch for me.... Please think hard befor u go over there..... Ive seen guys over there tht have lost everything including there family cause the were trying to hold on to tht trk .... I new a guy tht went over 6 weeks with out a pay check there was a time i had to go 2 weeks.... Watch out for ron higgins the planner and keith sally and marty means thy will stab u in the back trust me.........its up to u,, but i really advise u to really thing befor u jump over there.....

6. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Oklahoma cowboy is one example of someone that don't know how to run a business. Let me ask have you told your dm that you need a break at least a day before you delivered?? My assumption is no cuz if you did the planner knows not to plan you. The reason recently there are so many new trucks with 2nd or more drivers is we got too many people that come from a company truck and not knowing how to run a trucking business. Most of these guys I see still run their trucks wide open then complain they can't make money. You can run 650 miles a day and be legal and be on time for almost every load. I've been here for five years and making a good living.

scottied67, Nilao, robertpots7 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. ScoobyDo

ScoobyDo Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    North Ia.
    Been considering JCT and the lease/owner program. I've been a company driver for 3yrs. and feel its time to move forward. For the last couiple months I've talked with two dozen JCT drivers. They all spoke highly of the company but none of them had been been their overa year. Are there any current or past JCT drivers that have completed the lease agreement? Need your input please.

8. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx

For more info go here.
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...g-company-here/59021-jct-626.html#post1440776
    I have been with the company for 5 yrs now and loving it. They will see you moving. If you're not used to running at least 650 or more a day then jct isn't for you. This Isnt for everyone is what I tell everyone. It's a business now that uou run, not just driving the truck and deliver. You have to watch your mpg, where u fuel, maintain the truck. A lot of ppl cant handle all that. So if you think you are up for the challenge go and give them a call. One more thing, if youre happy with your current company and making a good living then stay. During the duration of your lease you'll be avg around 1200-1300 a week. Also you would want to stay out at least 4-5 weeks. Go check out the main forum and see what you think.

9. Uturntrucker

Uturntrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Altoona Pa
    My husband and I are thinking about JCT, and we have a few questions I would like some answers from drivers who know. 1. Does JCT have health insurance? 2. Can we have oil changes and repairs done by our mechanic ? 3. After 90 days do we really get the truck we wish to have ? 4. What kind of engines do they run in the trucks ? And transmission ?

10. Uturntrucker

Uturntrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Altoona Pa
    You can take the chicken hauler out of he chicken truck, but you can't take the chicken truck out of he chicken hauler !

11. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    They have supplemental insurance that's not worth It in my opinion. 2. No you don't get what you wish for after 90 days. But if you see something you want at the terminal you can upgrade to it. You can't downgrade meaning an older truck than you picked at orientation. 3. Yes as long as you have a positive in your maintenance escrow you can do all your repairs on the road. 4. On the 2010 its all cummins with 10 speed. They may be getting new cascadia with dd15 and Pete 386 or 387 with paccar. Meanwhile visit the main forum where current and potentials r hanging at. http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...g-company-here/59021-jct-627.html#post1452193

Uturntrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.