Good or Bad??

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by Sid, Jul 20, 2007.

1. jjw

jjw Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2010
    tampa,fl
    yes you get the truck you want but u also can pay up to $5000 more because they say you have to pay on any wear and tare on the vehicle u are currently in, including ties, brakes, engine, there is a catch:biggrin_25511:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Uturntrucker

Uturntrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Altoona Pa
    At this time the more we think about it, we will just look for new company to work for
    company we are with now is slowly going under, and will not have future here. Thanks foe all the info.

4. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    O look its jjw spreading misinformation here too. By getting truck you want are you meaning something you like on the yard???? Because anything other that that isn't true. You can't specify a certain truck that you want and they order it for you. Also If youre trading in of course you will be responsible for any repairs. Just like a car lease. Obviously from your posts you've never been an owner op or lease op.

5. jjw

jjw Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2010
    tampa,fl
    no i ment u can get any truck on the yard< i worked there and checked into it, believe me i wouldnt try to misinform anyone, and yes of course i was a lease op , obviously had to be to work there, as they don't hire company drivers lol

6. tex

tex Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2010
    onalaska, texas
    jct current drivers, i am about to start a new endeavor with jct and i am not to proud to say im a newbie..not at trucking but at refer and lease op operations. i have been a tanker yanker for 10yrs and decided id try something new..im looking for someone who would be willing to help me out...not a hand holder, i think im bigger than that, but with answers to q's and when i dont understand something cause i'll never pretend to know it all....let me tell you what you get in return...im in my 3rd career(24yrs w/1 airline 14 in mgmt, 7yrs in construction, 10yrs in trucking),honest and hard working. im dad to 7 and husband to 1 and i may be nuts but i am so looking forward to joining ya'll..thanks:biggrin_25514:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  7. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Lease a truck from Ryder or Penske and you can find your own freight and haul your own loads. You are not DEPENDENT upon them for your income. Just make your payments on-time.

You are not a true "independent contractor" at JCT and these other lease-purchase companies. If they don't send you loads, you sit. But your fixed costs don't sit, they keep adding up.

8. freight train

freight train BANNED

Apr 18, 2011
    Alvarado,TX
    do you have to have haz-mat at JCT?

9. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
  10. freight train

freight train BANNED

Apr 18, 2011
    Alvarado,TX
    Hey JJW. I know that you aren't supposed to do anything to trucks,like lights etc.,and yes I do understand ramifications if they take truck back and have to strip any mods but are they REALLY strict about it or will they kinda look the other way if you seem to be a good hand?

11. freight train

freight train BANNED

Apr 18, 2011
    Alvarado,TX
    LOL.That's laughable!There's a lot more to it than just go rent a truck from ryder and haul your own loads.Come on man.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.