Goodby Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Opus, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Well, after nearly 12 years, it's time to say goodby.
    Actually, it has little to do with Schneider, per se, but mostly due to the freight business overall.

Instead of getting into a whine fest, I thought I'd post about the good and not so good with Schneider for future drivers.

Good

1. Schneider has some of the nicest people I've ever met. In nearly 12 years with this company, I've only spoken to 2 that were dicks, (one of was named Schneider......I don't think there's any familial connection.).
    Everyone else was as nice as they could be. In my world, that goes an awful long way.

2. They never cheated me. At first they made me do per diem and charged me .02 a mile to do it and I thought then and I still think it was ########, but it was what it was and I knew it going in. (I don't think they do it anymore). Then they paid by HHMG, which, again was ########, but I think they stopped that too (actually, I'm pretty sure they did.) But, nevertheless, they always paid what they said they would and paid on time.

3. They never pushed. Just get it done.

4. Equipment......not so bad. There are people here like @gentleroger and @mickeyrat that remember the bad old days under (whose name shall not be mentioned), when the equipment (if you could find it) was straight up garbage. Now, it's pretty good. Usually the trailers are fairly new and in good condition and the tractors are modern and well equipped.

5. Facilities.......mostly pretty darn good. Some are better than others, but again, the people there were always nice and helpful. I think that all have showers and laundry and some have cafeterias where you can get a decent meal at a decent price.

6. Maintenance. Well, there's always going to be a love / hate relationship between drivers and the maintenance folks, but overall I'd give them a 9 out of 10 stars. I always felt like they were doing the best they could with what they had and the people they had. No hate here.

Bad

Not so much, really. Nothing to get worked up about anyway. Are there areas of improvement, sure; there are in any origination.

Overall, I pretty much enjoyed my time at Schneider. She ain't the prettiest girl in the mix, but she's pretty ok.

So, at that I'll say goodby. It was a good run.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    You are retiring or going with another company with more freight?

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Local.....Lazer spot

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    good luck hope this economy kicks up soon because it’s getting worse and worse for everyone I know who’s in the industry.

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I'm spotting for a company that has a zero chance of going out.....read toilet paper.
    I'm in a good place.

7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Suuhh-weeeet!!! :occasion5:

-- Lual

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    12 years and then goodbye.

Can’t believe I’m about to say this but I love my company so much I’m in this weird space of thinking how long can I stay here ??? Crazy I know but when you can’t find anything to complain about …

oh wait I do have something I can complain about , my fellow drivers. Complain complain complain !!! About everything all the time.

9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Never heard of em

10. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    Its getting scary when you hear about the megas not having enough freight.

11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Up from your nap?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.