Google +1 Button

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Admin, Jun 3, 2011.

1. RockyWI

RockyWI Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Wisconsin gal
    And what button did you want me to push Mr. Redd? [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    I'm sure glad to see that MR. word....

In another thread, they were debating if I was Male or Female.

4. RockyWI

RockyWI Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Wisconsin gal
    Hope you got that sorted out. :biggrin_2559:

5. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    *how odd, I posted this but it didn't show up*

After a few hours of sleep I managed to find the Google+1 button. It's been pushed.
    And I don't need a prize or gift for doing so. I think TTR SHOULD be #1 on Google's List.

Big Don, Admin and teddy_bear6506 Thank this.
  6. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    What is there to debate, we all know you're a girl........... :biggrin_2559:

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  7. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Is there any way around creating a Google account... or is that something that I'll probably have to do down the road in 'net world anyway...?

I have enough trouble keeping up with the few accounts I already have! I am a simple, simple person. :biggrin_25523:

8. Texas-Nana

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Hey Ducks.......you could create it, push the button then close the account. LOL

Or just use the same user name and password of another account so you don't have to remember new ones.

9. Strider

Strider The Info Monster

Aug 30, 2010
    Kansas City
    My "normal" setup is to block ALL cookies except for those couple of handfuls I wish to have always aboard my computer, such as TTR.

Although I have and use my gmail account regularly and allow that cookie always, I block google.com and www.google.com in Firefox, only allowing them when necessary (such as re-signing back into gmail every couple of weeks).

In order for me to add to the TTR count, I had to allow those two cookies. I made my +1, and doing so added to the count shown above. I then went back and again blocked those two cookies, but my +1 still shows as having been added.

With those two cookies blocked, when googling thetruckersreport.com, the +1 does NOT show in the results. However, after I again went back and allowed those two cookies, THEN did the search, the +1 DOES show in the top result.

So, it appears as though people who do not have a google account, or those like me who regularly block google's cookies, WILL NOT See the +1 displayed, without first allowing the cookies on purpose.

Perhaps this will help for all of us to better understand the intricacies of the World of Google... LOL

10. Texas-Nana

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

*whimpers and curls into the fetal position in the sleep bunk* Google use to be so easy for us computer challenged people.

Strider Thanks this.
  11. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    If you don't use Google, don't worry about it. I appreciate that some of you would be willing to start an account just to click the button, but there are intricacies to Google's calculations that make +1's from 'hollow' accounts somewhat meaningless. But the gesture is nice. :biggrin_25514:

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.