Gordon Navigation...and dispatch

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by corypaul75, Oct 19, 2012.

1. corypaul75

corypaul75 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Hello, I have a question...I am set to go with Gordon as soon as my recruiter assigns/finds me a trainer...I worked for Schneider for a short period of time and they had Navigo for GPS on the Qualcomm...they also had a program called workflow for load assignments...how does Gordon work as far as navigation, I heard they don't have one...and how are loads dispatched? I am sure over the Qualcomm but do you complete tasks when you arrive, depart after pickin up, delivering loads? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    No navigo. Once again what a rotten way for the company to save a buck. Dispatch via qualcomm is Im 95% sure going to be the same as Schneider. Macros are company specific but cover just about any message you would need to send. For me Im on the phone maybe a few times a week with my DM,most of the time I can get it all done with the qualcomm or my ipad.

4. corypaul75

Jul 14, 2012
    So do you work for Gordon then? How is it? I've experienced MEGA Schneider and how they really don't care at all about drivers but Gordon seems smaller so I'm hoping different...did you have to buy your own GPS? Do you use "Workflow" on the Qualcomm? Such as getting an assignment, accepting it...making it active and then putting in the info at the shipper when you arrive, ie, time...load, unload, completed...so on and so forth? I appreciate the response...also...do most trucks have the APU and what is the ratio of Cascadia's to Columbia's? I drove a Columbia for Schneider but was hoping for a Cascadia...thanks...Cory

5. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    We use the same system but I have never heard it called "workflow". You stand a pretty good chance of getting a new or near new cascadia with an APU and inverter. Even the remaining Columbias I have seen around the fleet have APU's and inverters. What fleet are you looking at? For miles TC OTR is IMHO the only way to fly.

6. corypaul75

Jul 14, 2012
    OTR but not sure what TC is...I don't need to be home a lot so no biggy...I'm from Illinois...I know they have a terminal at Pontoon Beach...I want to be able to run as many states as possible...I ran Northeast with Schneider so I won't miss it...

7. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    TC= Temp Control aka: reefer. Nice quiet reefers.... I don't even hear them.

Main fleet choices are TC, Western 11, or Heavy Haul in pacific nw.

APU's very common, I'd say 90% of trucks. GPS is provide your own. I use MS Streets/Trips 2013 on my laptop and updated Mega file (free download). It carries all rest areas, scales, truck stops and all the addresses. Not as nice as the Trucker GPS but servicable for $69.

8. corypaul75

Jul 14, 2012
    Cool...thanks for the info...since I'm in Illinois do you have an idea of where I might run?

9. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Funny you should ask.... I'm at the Walmardt DC in Olney,IL.... Actually, no I don't have any idea where they would run you.

corypaul75 Thanks this.
  10. corypaul75

Jul 14, 2012
    I have a buddy from Schneider who runs the dedicated run out of there...are you on a dedicated account or OTR? Where do you go? How far West, South, Midwest...I know Gordon doesn't run East much...

11. corypaul75

Jul 14, 2012
    How many miles you getting a week, if ya don't mind me asking...are the trucks nice? Tell me in the ends and outs of the "Gordon" life...I know trucking is trucking but some companies are different...since I drove for Schneider I can compare it to something now...is the equipment nice? Tractors and trailers...what's the average run in miles...lots of questions I know...I appreciate ya taking the time to answer...very cool of ya

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.