Gordon Navigation...and dispatch

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by corypaul75, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Sorry for delay, fighting an APU problem. I was on a heavy fleet in WA, but fighting to get above 2500miles a week. Just moved over to tc fleet, 1st run 2300 miles.

Trucks are nice, maintenance can be an issue. DM's treat you like an adult, but forget to communicate. I have problem with them dispatching me out of hours. Like most office pukes, they often forget the real world doesn't fit their models. IE: they seem to think a truck will go thru seattle at 60 mph during rush hour. Or they don't understand shutting down with an hour left on your clock when you're either taking a safe rest spot or saving an extra hour for tomorrow/later in the week. They also have no problems putting you into a reset 60 miles from your house. Really stupid stuff, but typical of keyboard commandos. They also didn't understand why I wanted my apu fixed before a 34 hr break (in a no idle truck).

Pay is on time and accurate. After you get past planners and DMs, the office staff is very helpful. Even had a mech tell me "drivers are why we are here" after I thanked him for quick tire change. The company attitude is very driver supportive; just the DM's and planners need a kick in the rearend.

Suggetion: when a problem arrises, don't be shy about offering solutions. I've come up with the "fix it" plan from out on the road a few times. Be part of the solution, not just the problem. It goes a long way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.