Gordon Trucking

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by bobbyw, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Subzero1985

Subzero1985 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    From what I read here they sound like the typical trucking company. Same ole problems you are going to get with any large outfit like that. Does anyone know the policy for pets or passengers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    No pets unless your an O/O

4. trigger3207

trigger3207 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    you cant cheat logs if you dont use logs...gordon is all computer logging and it will notify dispatch as soon as you go over your 11 for the day...i worked for gordon for 5 years and the logs all went electronic 5 years ago. I never had a problem with logging legal when i drove for them...the drivers that speed in cali. are from the west coast and speed all the time. I drove out there and always drove the speed limit. The west coast drivers are all ######## and should have there cdl's pulled just because they drive like idiots. Thats the west coast way. After driving as O/O for 7.5 years I went to gordon and did 5 years there and enjoyed it.....until the econimy went to #### and they hired every mexican that walked thru the front door. Then the company started a downhill descent and I got off the road completely. As far as i know gordon is still a good company to work for.

5. Loren

Loren Bobtail Member

May 10, 2010
    Houston TX
    To all GTI drivers; if you ever decide to quit, do not give a notice. When GTI decided to fire the fellow who trained me there, they routed him 800 miles from home (Turlock CA to Pacific WA) and then told him to clean out his truck and find his own way home.

6. Bill P.

Bill P. Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Medford, OR
    That doesn't sound unusual. When someone gets fired any company should do it from an office, not while the person is out on the road.

Also, should a trucking company allow a person being fired to take the truck home and then pay the expense of having someone go get the truck?

Just my humble opinion.

Bill

7. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Well I worked at GTI in 2009 and 2010 and used paper logs...so I don't know what that guy was talking about....I still have my log books to prove it too...GTI didn't just hire anyone to drive for them,in fact they were and still are very picky about who they hire.....

8. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    gordon didn't go elog until may 2011 and they started with casscadia's first, they had to switch the qualcomm's in the daycabs and the columbia's, and the older columbia's 2500's and older are still paper logs due age.

9. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I have been talking to a recruiter and some drivers out here. They sound decent, but as it sits right now, they do not have any western regional out of Salt Lake City. Not sure if I am going with them or not. The company I work for is decent as well, I just cannot take my son out until he is 16, he is 9 now. Gordon allows 10 and older. Strong selling point for me. I have plenty of time to decide. If I do change companies I am sure it will be with Gordon.

jomar68 Thanks this.
  10. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    They are very good about hometime as long as you put it in. Your DM will convieniently forget that you're a 2 week out driver otherwise....

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.