Gordon Trucking

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by tadollahite, Mar 2, 2011.

1. tadollahite

tadollahite Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Antelope Ca.
    Well i just finish my training with Gordon and got my truck out of pacific Wa. that was a long 32 day's of training. I pulled loads 3 loads to get home for 4 day's. It took a lot of work to get the truck clean and set up for me! the hard part was living with someone you do not know! he was a good trainer after talking to some of the new drivers it sound's like i had one of the GOOD ONE'S and it's nice when i need help i can call me and he call's me to see if i'am doing all right and ever one i have talk to said if you need help call me and they give there phone# i think i made the right chose to come to work here.:Trailer:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    Congrats! I looked at Gordon along with Watkins..but I live in Washington, no hire Washington drivers.

4. RonPaul2012

RonPaul2012 Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2011
    California
    Any update on Gordon? How's it going? Solo or team?

5. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    but aren't they based in wa?

6. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    Yes...from what I understand now they don't hire NEW drivers out of school (that are from WA) that will go out with a mentor. All because of Washington's overtime laws.

7. hosss

hosss Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2011
    longview washington
    i just got a call from melody and i'm from washington????

8. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    Gordon is on my "to call" list for today.

The recruiter for my school also said they won't hire out of Washington anymore.

Let us know how it goes, hosss.

9. hosss

hosss Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2011
    longview washington
    they pay minimum wage while training,but i turned them down.

got an offer from a guy that has a small fleet that he leases to earl l henderson.
    it pats $6-800 a week for training for 9 weeks and then pays 35% then 40% of load at 6 months for $1200-1500 wk

i hadn't heard from them for over a week so i went with this other gig then she called right before i went to meet the guy.she said to give her a call in 6 months if i change my mind.still think they are one of the best out there,an instructor at the school i went to worked for them for 10 years untill he had medical problems.

good luck

10. SRGLRGINCHRG

SRGLRGINCHRG Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Gordon Trucking is hiring in Washington ... the hiring freeze there was over about 2 years ago....give em a try....most of the feedback is positive and with all teh hubbub about CSA scores-- I saw a TCA report saying that GTI just won a couple awards for safety ... pretty impressive

11. superphud

superphud Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2010
    pacific,wa
    this is happening;

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT FOR THE STATE OF WASHINGTON

IN AND FOR PIERCE COUNTY.

case number

No. 10-2-09860-2
    Look it up!
    ,,, GTI tried to get this case about long haul driver OVERTIME dismissed. They even sent letters to GTI drivers and said that they already pay overtime. This past Friday , it didn't go GTI's way and the Court refused to dismiss the case. If you are a GTI Driver, current or former, from WA you should call Nelson/Boyd out of seattle and ask how this case affects you.

206 971 7601 or 877 971 7601.

It doesn't matter what you signed with GTI because your overtime rights can't be waived. I know all this because I filed the lawsuit
    Also, it is illegal for GTI to retaliate and I have been there 2 years since the lawsuit was filed with no retaliation ,,, Pretty Impressive

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.