Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by time to run, Jun 12, 2014.

1. time to run

time to run Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    How's it going fellow drivers,I'm looking for info on Gordon,can anybody tell me anything,I'm from PA.what's the home time gonna b,pay,benefits, equipment,how the d and FM treat drivers and miles/WK ...info please.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Now owned by Heartland. If you would not drive for Heartland I would suggest not driving for GTI.

Are you looking @ refer, dry, or teams?

Regional or 48 state?

4. time to run

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    I know heartland bought out gti,from what I heard from heartland driver's they are happy,don't no to much about gti,I put an application in and they offered me a job in the reefer division out of Pa.

5. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    time-to-run, Gordon drivers who have left HTLD/GTI are still chafing over the acquisition.

Heartland has excellent equipment, a better CSA on maintenance than Gordon had, lots of freight, mostly drop and hook (altho may take as long or longer than live loads--I'm being unloaded now in Wisconsin and I'll be out of here faster than a drop-and-hook).

Some will tell you don't take the job because they resent the acquisition. I'd say, please, take the job and keep us posted on what you're doing, how you feel about HTLD and--most important to some--if you're making good money, driving legal, being treated fair.

My guess you'll be fine on all three.

Heartland has been winnowing out the GTI drivers/teams they want/don't want. Not everybody's happy about that.

time to run Thanks this.
  6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    The best advice I can give is try them for yourself...

as it is said.."one man's meat is another man's poison"...

I was with gordon and did quite well for 5 years then the last 2 months things fell apart. This had nothing to do with heartland but incompetent staffing at my home terminal so I felt it was time to move on.

would I ever consider returning? NEVER .... I have been contacted a couple of times by gordon wanting me to come back but I declined.

As to heartland weeding out gordon drivers; there is absolutely no truth to that whatsoever. There is no master plan to get rid of higher paying drivers or anything else. If anything I would say heartland is flying by the seat of their pants when it comes to this transition. I really do not believe they have a long term strategy just day by day and keep putting out fires.

try them if you like and be safe.

time to run, joseph1135 and 48Packard Thank this.
  7. time to run

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    Thanx victor and tow for your input,I m still thinking hard about the offer I read many mixed reviews on Gordon and the heartland takeover, I just wanna make sure my next employer is gonna b a home for me and the $ is gonna b good and consistent, I assume you both no longer work there but how was the $ when u were, I talked with the recruiter and he already told me that I would b based out of a heartland terminal in Carlisle Pa,and from what he said the freight this way is great

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    You're better off going elsewhere. Especially in PA. Heartland is making GTI into Heartland West, where just like everywhere else Heartland is, low miles and lots of sitting.

9. time to run

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    What do u mean by heartland west?and I'm open to employment suggestions. thanx

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I worked at GTI. And in the end, it was looking more and more like Heartland. Short miles and lots of sitting. They will probably hire you for reefer in PA to run Hershey's, but a few drivers have said reefer isn't looking great these days. There's a lot of better companies. Lessors, Holland, SouthEastern Carriers (see what I did there Tow?) and a few more. I'm not sure where in PA your town is, but GTI is not that company it once was.

48Packard and time to run Thank this.
  11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Since you will be based in carlisle you will be driving directly for heartland not gti regardless of what any recruiter told you.

remember... recruiters lie....

we do not have any first hand experience with heartland so we cannot advise you. Airbreeze is a friend of mine who I work with at my new company. He drove for heartland for 2 years before coming here and can tell you plenty. None of which is good. You can find him on our thread joe and tows adventures in trucking thread.

as for heartland I can only say that I considered them and after talking to a lot of their drivers decided it was best to pass..

time to run Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.